Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonydleopard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2008
Hi All,

I am having an application where in I fetch some data from a remote web server. Since the data fetching will take some time, when the ViewController loads, in its loadView method i am showing a splash screen with a progress bar on it. Now once this is loaded, in the viewDidAppear method of my view controller i am creating another thread which loads the data from webserver and the thread calls back one method in my view controller with the data to be loaded. All these things are happening fine. Now the problem is once i get the data back i want to create a new view and replace my welcome screen view with the newly created one. When i am creating the new view which is a subclass of UIView it calls the init method but the drawrect method is not getting called. Is there any restriction that the view can be replaced only when some event occur? Please suggest..

Thanks in advance......
Tony

tonydleopard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2008
Solved that issue but have another....

The problem is solved... It was bcos the second thread was taking the control and my main thread was not listening at all I think. I removed the second thread and used NSURLConnection to load the data. But if we are using multithreading how do we get the control back in the main thread???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.