Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Dec 16, 2008, 01:30 AM   #1
odogg700
macrumors newbie

Approval process and monthly news

Hey there!

I'm a new iPhone developer and am about to submit my first app. Before doing so, I'd like to know what I should expect. How long does it usually take apps to be approved? When approved, does Apple let the developer set the launch date for their app? Also, what kind of information does Apple send developers every month relating to their app? Do they send a check along with metrics on the downloads?

Thanks!
odogg700 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:52 AM   #2
caveman_uk

How long does it take to be approved? How long is a piece of string? Usually about a week but maybe more or less.

When you submit you can select an availability date. It will become available on that date or on the date it's approved whichever is the later. Apple sends out monthly reports for each of the regions. You will get paid for each region if that region has accumulated more than $250 or local equivalent. It is done by bank transfer. You can also get daily and weekly download stats from iTunes connect.

Have you set up your paid apps contract yet? If you haven't then even if an app is approved it is not released until the contract is approved. It can take several weeks for this to happen. You need to enter bank details (and other stuff) for the contract approval process to start.
caveman_uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming