Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Hey!

Just got an idea of making this thread! I just got my first ever mac computer and im trying my hardest to keep it in good condition for as long as possible, but have failed. Well i mean i've only got a few minor scratches/dents but i'd just like to see how other peoples macs have stood up!

Post your macs and show off all your scratches & dents and other "beauty marks" in all their glory!

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
I just got my first ever mac computer and im trying my hardest to keep it in good condition for as long as possible, but have failed. Well i mean i've only got a few minor scratches/dents but i'd just like to see how other peoples macs have stood up!

How is it already scratched and dented? I dont know how people manage to do that, but I had my 12" powerbook for years an it was still in mint condition when I sold it last week. I took it to lots of gigs with me when I was DJing, and used it all around the house too. :confused:

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
Other than the usual fine scratches, and the shiny keys, my whitebook is in tip top condition aesthetically.

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
How is it already scratched and dented? I dont know how people manage to do that, but I had my 12" powerbook for years an it was still in mint condition when I sold it last week. I took it to lots of gigs with me when I was DJing, and used it all around the house too. :confused:

To be honest, i don't know how i got the little dent beside the part of the macbook you use to open the lid when its closed over. hmm

i don't know how i got the dent at the top of the macbook screen either. (the aluminum part) the other dent at other side of the screen i got from sitting up from my bed and hittin it off my glass tv stand >.< thankfully they aren't too noticeable.

i have a screen at the bottom of the lid aswell (near the fans) from hitting it off my pc stand (which is glass too) its a rele faint one though thankfully :)

i think my keys are wearing out too & my screen is very...messy from finger prints.

apart from that i'm in good condition :)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
like new, i got mine in october (unibody mbp)
btw anyone know about mygearstore? i ordered the new speck harshell from them but they didnt send it to me and they dont have customer service :mad: :eek: :(

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
macbook-eek.jpg

It's not pretty, but the polycarbonate is fine. The edges are because the plastic faceplate, the top corner (near the power button) of the faceplate is bent up after it jumping down a flight of stairs and the i key is missing after my sisters dog got over excited and jumped on me/the keyboard.

I will make it better, along with a 500gb hard disk, it will get a new faceplate/keyboard from macfixit. :)

Legolamb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2006
North of where I'd like to be
Won't bother posting a picture 'cause you can just click on the Apple site, look at the photos of new shiny alums and that's what my MBP looks like. My TiBook was 5 years old an still looked new. But I'm obsessively neat around my 'books.

N10248

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
Essex, U.K.
My 3 year old iMac G5 has screen burn-in after a still image has been on the screen a few minutes, a faulty dvd burner which can only burn dvds at 2x and not CDRs at all and one of the small chips on the logic board near the rear ports is oozing some goo.

Apart form thats its running flawlessly with no dents, bends, cracks or funny smells, just waiting for the next iMac revision hopefully in January and i'll be replacing it.

Bye

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
I accidentally let my new macbook pro slide off the side of the edge of a couch a couple weeks ago and apparently it landed on the power cable. So there are a couple of tiny nicks around where the cable attaches to the computer, and the hard plastic shattered a bit, but I glued that back together so it's at least one piece now (pictured).

But other than that it's just like new :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 65

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
macbook-eek.jpg

It's not pretty, but the polycarbonate is fine. The edges are because the plastic faceplate, the top corner (near the power button) of the faceplate is bent up after it jumping down a flight of stairs and the i key is missing after my sisters dog got over excited and jumped on me/the keyboard.

I will make it better, along with a 500gb hard disk, it will get a new faceplate/keyboard from macfixit. :)

hey man.. don't bother spending money on a new top case because apple will repair yours for free. It's a known issue that they crack and people have posted that they had it done out of warranty.

Just trying to get you to save money!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.