Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rad55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Hi,

Recently, safari, firefox and opera won't load certain pages. If a page has videos or other media on it, i get the spinning ball and the browser I am using becomes unresponsive and i have to force quit it.

I am baffled as to why this is happening and have tried numerous things to fix it. I haven't recently installed anything and the only way I have gotten pages to load is by turning off plugins, java, and java script.

any help would be appreciated! thanks.

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
Run a Software Update via the Apple Menu as there may be a Java update or security/system update that may help. Also note that Apple recommends backing up your data before, just in case.

Also, try running Repair Permissions via Disk Utility (Apps->Utilities folder) prior to running the update.

alugtigheid

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2007
Hi,

Recently, safari, firefox and opera won't load certain pages. If a page has videos or other media on it, i get the spinning ball and the browser I am using becomes unresponsive and i have to force quit it.

I am baffled as to why this is happening and have tried numerous things to fix it. I haven't recently installed anything and the only way I have gotten pages to load is by turning off plugins, java, and java script.

any help would be appreciated! thanks.

I've got the same problem - it sometimes takes firefox ages to load a page if there's any javascript, adverts or counters on the page. I've literally had a swirly ball mouse pointer for about two minutes before a page loads.

I'd use Safari if it didn't randomly crash all the bloody time!

Not a happy bunny here; tried just about everything to fix it. Thinking of just reinstalling, hoping that it solves the problems. Anyone got any ideas?

rad55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Run a Software Update via the Apple Menu as there may be a Java update or security/system update that may help. Also note that Apple recommends backing up your data before, just in case.

Also, try running Repair Permissions via Disk Utility (Apps->Utilities folder) prior to running the update.

sorry this is so delayed. but i tried everything you said and it seemed to fix it! thanks a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.