Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Ok so am I late to the party on this one or has no one else noticed that the two finger - Right Click, has been enabled on older laptops? I love this feature from the MacBooks and now its on my iBook G4.

Either way, just wanted to share.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
I noticed that I can enable two-finger scrolling on my early 2008 Macbook under the new Trackpad option in System Preferences (10.5.6).

That was new to me but I've only had this Macbook for two weeks so it may have been available before.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Two finger scrolling/right clicking has been available since the last version of the PowerBook/iBook.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Two finger scrolling/right clicking has been available since the last version of the PowerBook/iBook.

Two finger scrolling. Yes.
Two finger right-click. No, trust me.

I noticed that I can enable two-finger scrolling on my early 2008 Macbook under the new Trackpad option in System Preferences (10.5.6).

It's been available on every MacBook (where this option was introduced originally).

It's been around for a while. I can't even remember how long ago I first enabled it on a portable. It's really good once you get accustomed to it.

Define portable, because any G4 Apple laptop has not had this (two finger right-click) until somewhere between 10.5.4 and 10.5.6.

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
Two finger scrolling. Yes.
Two finger right-click. No, trust me.

It's been available on every MacBook (where this option was introduced originally).

Define portable, because any G4 Apple laptop has not had this (two finger right-click) until somewhere between 10.5.4 and 10.5.6.

I couldn't remember if it was my first Intel or Last PPC machine. :) I Purchase new machines every 6 months... so the lines are blured.

kennyli

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
Hong Kong
I have a iBook G4 1.33 GHz (10.5.5) here with me. Yes, 2 fingers double-click works in this iBook. Also, 2 finger scrolling works too ;)

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I Purchase new machines every 6 months... so the lines are blured.

"The small road was narrow but I could not see where it was leading me, for the horizon was obscured by the morning fog. Every step I took in the snow quietly dismissed itself into the cold and my hands were well aware of the chill. I had not been outside for more than an hour but already knew I was losing my way for the path was no longer defined, a line that had begun to blur."

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
"The small road was narrow but I could not see where it was leading me, for the horizon was obscured by the morning fog. Every step I took in the snow quietly dismissed itself into the cold and my hands were well aware of the chill. I had not been outside for more than an hour but already knew I was losing my way for the path was no longer defined, a line that had begun to blur."

"I remember the very, very first time that I smoked DMT. It was sort of a benchmark, you might say, and I remember that this friend of mine that always got there first visited me with this little glass pipe and this stuff which looked like orange mothballs. And since I was a graduate of Dr. Hofmann's, I figured there were no surprises. So the only question I asked is, 'How long does it last?' and he said, 'About five minutes.' So I did it and there was a something, like a flower, like a chrysanthemum in orange and yellow that was sort of spinning, spinning, and then it was like I was pushed from behind and I fell through the chrysanthemum into another place that didn't seem like a state of mind, it seemed like another place. And what was going on in this place aside from the tastefully socketed indirect lighting, and the crawling geometric hallucinations along the domed walls, what was happening was that there were a lot of ahh.. beings in there, what I call self-transforming machine elves. Sort of like jewelled basketballs all dribbling their way toward me. And if they'd had faces they would have been grinning, but they didn't have faces. And they assured me that they loved me and they told me not to be amazed; not to give way to astonishment. And so I watched them, even though I wondered if maybe I hadn't really done it this time, and what they were doing was they were making objects come into existence by singing them into existence. Objects which looked like Fabergé eggs from Mars morphing themselves with Mandaean alphabetical structures. They looked like the concrescence of linguistic intentionality put through a kind of hyper-dimensional transform into three-dimensional space. And these little machines offered themselves to me. And I realized when I looked at them that if I could bring just one of these little trinkets back, nothing would ever be quite the same again. And I wondered, Where Am I? And What Is Going On? It occurred to me that these must be holographic viral projections from an autonomous continuum that was somehow intersecting my own, and then I thought a more elegant explaination would be to take it at face value and realize that I had broken into an ecology of souls. And that somehow I was getting a peek over the other side. Somehow I was finding out that thing that you cheerfully assume you can't find out. But it felt like I was finding out. And it felt.. and then I can't remember what it felt like because the little self-transforming tykes interrupted me and said, 'Don't think about it. Don't think about who we are... Think about doing what we're doing. Do it! Do it! DO IT NOW!!!
And what they meant was use your voice to make an object. And as I understood, I felt a bubble kind of grow inside of me. And I watched these little elf tykes jumping in and out of my chest; they like to do that to reassure you. And they said, 'Do it.' And I felt language rise up in me that was unhooked from english, and I began to speak... "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.