Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShakeWellProd

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Hi,

My mouse is beginning to bug out on me. The best feature on it (the track ball) doesn't work when scrolling up and down.

So now I'm in the market for a better mouse.

Features I'd like to have in order

1. Track ball. Being able to scroll in 360degree is NICE for editing

2. Ergonomic. I'd like to get something that is better on the wrist. I really like the Zero Tension Mouse idea.

3. Wireless (if possible, but not that important)

So for all the people who spend hours and hours editing or working with there Mac what do you use.

For my Keyboard I use the Bella Pro keyboard with Shuttle Jog which I recommend.

I've only found the Mighty Mouse to fit what I'm looking for but I really could use a mouse that is less stress on my 30 year old wrist!

Thanks.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Have you considered the Logitech MX Revolution? It practically molds to your hand when you use it and has two scroll wheels, one for vertical and one for horizontal. A couple more cool features are the frictionless scrolling, extremely accurate laser for tracking, vast multitude of programmable buttons, and great wireless range. I have the VX Revolution which is the portable version and I would say that it was one of my best technology buys ever, it's lasted two years so far and is still going strong :)

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I purchased a wacom tablet and l-o-v-e it. It took me a day or so to get used to it and fine tune the settings/map the buttons but after that I never longed for my mouse again. At work I wish I had the desktop space for wacom but I don't.

Lethal

ShakeWellProd

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
The Tablet sounds like a great idea, but my wife uses the computer to do her shopping! So we know how that would end up.
:confused:

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
The Tablet sounds like a great idea, but my wife uses the computer to do her shopping! So we know how that would end up.
:confused:
She'll rack up a bigger credit card bill because she can shop faster and longer using a wacom tablet than a mouse? :D

The wacom tablets actually come w/a mouse to use w/the tablet as well for situations where a mouse is better than a pen.

Lethal

ShakeWellProd

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Doh, I forgot to mention I have dual 22" screens so moving from one side to the other can be a pain. Do you use the tablet for editing? Or do you use both mouse and tablet?

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Doh, I forgot to mention I have dual 22" screens so moving from one side to the other can be a pain. Do you use the tablet for editing? Or do you use both mouse and tablet?
I use the tablet for editing (I actually haven't even unpacked the wacom mouse that came w/it). I have a 23" ACD and a 24" Dell and zipping around the screen is much faster w/the pen & tablet. I only have a 4x6 (the smallest and least expensive) because I don't have much desktop space. I tried a Bamboo (less expensive, consumer version) but the button mapping ability was too limited so I returned it for the 4x6 Intuos.

Lethal

MrLatte23

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2007
A Kensington Expert Mouse which is actually a Trackball, complete with 4 programmable buttons and a scrolling wheel for everyday stuff and light duty when editing or compositing. A Wacom Intous 3 Tablet, awesome for photoshop general use and drawing masks in After Effects. And a Contour Shuttle Pro Multimedia Controller for heavy duty Final Cut Sessions.

I spend most time with the Kensington and enjoy that I can program it for secret keystrokes (and handshakes).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.