Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebascrub

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Calgary, AB
I recently unearthed an old PC game (from 2000) that was part of a series of games that I basically spent my childhood playing. The game is PC Futbol 2000 Clausura, if anyone recognizes it, and it is basically a football manager program, specifically for Argentine football. Anyway, I got nostalgic and wondered if I could play this on my MacBook under either BootCamp or Parallels/VMWare.

Here are the requirements for the game:
Windows 95/98
Pentium 150 MhZ
32 Mb RAM
GFX card compatible with DirectX 7

Can I run this under Win XP? Do I need to install anything in particular that wouldn't come with the XP install, because this game is so old?

Thanks!

Tastannin

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2003
UT
Best bet is to just go ahead and install it under a virtualized XP install. (Parallels/VMware/Virtual Box) See what happens.

sebascrub

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Calgary, AB
OK, so I tried to install it under Windows XP SP3, running in Parallels 4.0. The loading screen before the wizard seems to work, loading up the progress bar up to 100%, but then, when it would normally go to the installation wizard, the installer crashes. Any ideas?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Try running the installer in compatibility mode for windows 95/98? I managed to get my original copy of Theme Hospital to happily install on my friends Vista laptop, she's even borrowed the disc over the holidays :p

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
That is a Windows feature to get windows to run older programs as if they were under older versions of Windows.

I believe you right click on the install.exe and go to properties, and somewhere in there you can change the compatibility settings to Win98 or so.

This might help!

-Allen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.