Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Hey all,

I installed Vista Ultimate 32-bit on my MacBook. Works great and everything is not as buggy as my friend's computer is. I tried to update to Boot Camp 2.1 using the included Apple Software Update software that was installed with the Boot Camp drivers from my grey restore discs. I updated to the latest version of Apple Software Update. I went on to download and update to Boot Camp 2.1 update, but there was some sort of error message. What have I done wrong? I have NOT installed SP1 as of yet, could that be the reason? If not, then what is the real reason?

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Well, one way that I know works fine is to simply go to the Apple Boot Camp Support site and download the 2.1 Updater in the right hand column (the appropriate version of course to match your Windows OS) while in OSX. It will be downloaded as an .exe file which can be transferred to your Windows drive (via flash drive, FAT32 drive, etc.). The next time you boot into Windows double click the .exe file and it will then proceed to install the 2.1 driver set.

I just wanted to list that as I don't know why the Software Update you tried did not work.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.