Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Hi All,

Sorry for being a bit lazy and not scrolling through pages of threads. Also, searches came up a little dry or unweildy on these topics.

Anyway, wondering what the conventional wisdom is re:

1) A future rev of the Air switching to a black screen border (to bring it in line visually with the MB and MBP)

and

2) The incorporation of the no-button trackpad that the MB and MBP now have

I would imagine that these notions have been bandied about in there parts. Can anyone cut to the chase for me on this please? Is there anything we know about the nature of these parts/assemblages that make them impossible to incorporate in the Air? Should we expect them in Rev C?

TIA
TM

PS - SORRY - the thread title should have a "?" at the end of it - not sure why

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
I'm assuming that the glass trackpad wasn't included with the new revision of the MBA due to size constraints; the clickable hardware must have exceeded the incredibly small area that engineers have to work with in the front end of the air.

The glass screen adds weight (the Air screen, though seemingly identical to the previous gen MB's, is half the weight of the MB's) so that's probably a no-go. Which is fine by me, I prefer the aluminum bezel. Black bezel without the glass screen might just look... cheap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.