Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
I have been watching my console log and notice the statement "Debugger () was called" occasionally appearing, sometimes after my computer has just been sitting without any other activity that I know of. Does anyone know what that message means or what is happening that causes it to be shown? I have searched MR and haven't been able to find an answer. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
Can you explain this a little more? What do you mean by error trapping. Thanks for the info.

it is just to help the developer of a particular application find bugs in the app... I would assume.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
it is just to help the developer of a particular application find bugs in the app... I would assume.

I guess I shouldn't worry about it since it doesn't seem to be causing any problems. Thanks.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
I guess I shouldn't worry about it since it doesn't seem to be causing any problems. Thanks.

What is the sender?

I just searched through my console and saw
12/20/08 5:26:03 PM [0x0-0x311311].com.apple.ScreenSaver.Engine[13778] Debugger() was called!
But yeah, I wouldnt worry at all..

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
What is the sender?

There is no sender listed. I just looked at the console and there are 8 "Debugger () was called" comments one on top of the other without anything else listed. Here is a few hours worth of console statements. These last 8 accumulated over a few hours. I have just been in MR, a few other internet sites, and sync iPod Touch.

Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
2008-12-19 21:22:04.356 AppleMobileDeviceHelper[334] exception while performing selector isSyncServerAvailable: on server: NSInvalidSendPortException [NSMachPort sendBeforeDate:] destination port invalid
Created child to sync device with pid 1020...
Waiter has started running...
2008-12-19 21:23:33.127 Translator[1026] Invoked to sync conduit com.apple.Safari for entityNames: com.apple.bookmarks.Folder,com.apple.bookmarks.Bookmark
Waiter is done running
Sending final status from child helper tool back to parent...
2008-12-19 21:51:31.807 AppleMobileDeviceHelper[334] exception while performing selector filterDataForClientWithIdentifier: on server: NSInvalidSendPortException [NSMachPort sendBeforeDate:] destination port invalid
MobileDevice: receive_message: Could not receive size of message: 0 Unknown error: 0
MobileDevice: _read_callback: Could not receive message
MobileDevice: send_message: Could not send message size: Bad file descriptor
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!
Debugger() was called!

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Yeah, I don't see anything to worry about. When something goes wrong, the Console is where you go to find out what's up. It's not where you go to find out if something is wrong. Applications tend to be extremely verbose for just that reason. Growl, for example, logs every displayed notification to Console.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.