Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 20, 2008, 01:46 PM   #1
fgzhu88
macrumors newbie

How to use SimplyRAR?

Hello,

I'm trying create 200 MB rar files out of a 700 + MB directory. When I check "split archive" and select "user defined" under the volume size dropdown and click create rar, it creates 500+ rar archives!!!! Nowhere does it ask me how big I want the volume size for "user defined"

Does anyone know how to use this app? I mean, I know how to alternatively archive into 200 mb parts (zip them, split & concat the zip file) but that requires the user to unarchive twice.

Thank you
Frank
fgzhu88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Danaldinho
macrumors member

I am stuck with this aswell, how do you create a 200MB rar file?
Danaldinho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 05:27 PM   #3
fgzhu88
macrumors newbie

for the time being, I just select all the files, right click--> create archive of these x items (makes a .zip containing all the files you selected). And then use spit&concat to create zip.001, zip.002, ... , zip.00x .

It's more roundabout because the receiver has to unarchive twice, but it's an ok substitution for rars until I can find out how to do this.
fgzhu88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:15 AM   #4
jcotteri
macrumors newbie

I just got 500 + and growing 1.5 mb files. Does anyone have a solution to this? It was funny to watch for a while until it filled up all of my desktop, on my externals as well.
jcotteri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:07 PM   #5
haggy
macrumors newbie

same thing happened to me i got 600+ 1.5. I searched the whole program seems to be nothing. not even a help file when you click help. seems someone got lazy and forgot these 2 necessary things we need. but then again its free so dont complain. lol
haggy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store