Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 21, 2008, 06:14 PM   #1
tinydancer
macrumors regular

Syncing ripped movies from ATV back to iTunes

I had ripped a bunch of movies and then put them into iTunes and subsequently ATV. However, recently I lost most of my movies in iTunes when I went to do a backup (long story). Anyway...

All of my movies are still on the ATV. Is there a way to "reverse sync" whereby I import my movies from the ATV back into iTunes. If so, could you please inform me as to how this is accomplished?

Last edited by tinydancer; Dec 21, 2008 at 07:05 PM.
tinydancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:20 PM   #2
mmccaskill
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to mmccaskill
My instincts say it isn't possible without some sort of hacking. From what I understand, under normal operations, if you sync it with another machine all content is erased before syncing commences.

But I could be wrong.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:40 AM   #3
natebookpro
macrumors 6502a

Im going to have to agree. Only thing I could think of is popping the hd out and hooking it into your computer. Seems like a lot of work.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:00 AM   #4
NJuul
macrumors 6502

Hack it and FTP them back

Patchstick

It's easy and harmless, and if in doubt, a quick search will quickly bring you detailed step-by-step instructions on both hacking the ATV and setting up ftp.
NJuul is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater