Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mracine923

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
I'm not sure if this is the right place because my last post was deleted, but I'm looking for help developing a program for the iphone. I'm trying to develop a new assessment system for use in my classroom (i'm a 5th grade teacher) but this is strictly to be used in-house and I'm not looking to hire anybody or make any money. I'm hoping that there would be an eager developer out there who would be willing to help me out so that I can learn how to use the SDK.
I've created a database to track my students' progress (microsoft access) but I want a way to easily input data using a hand-held device. My goal is to be able to walk around my classroom and make quick assessments and have the iphone input the data automatically into the database. It doesn't sound like it would be too complicated but I'm not familiar with the iphone sdk.
Is there anybody out there who would be willing to help? Oh, and I'm sorry if this thread is still breaking the rules...I'm just trying to find help, that's all.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
One problem is that there is quite a supply and demand imbalance for iPhone developers these days.

Your best bet may be to team up with one of your former students now in a college CS or engineering program, and learn with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.