Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Hello.

I'm using one of the provided templates to create a DVD (Theatre Marquee).

I've replaced the templates audio that plays while the menu is up with a Christmas song. I find that the level of the menu audio is much louder then the audio track of the DVD. Even in 'simulate' mode, the audio for the menu is much louder then the audio for the movie. This will not be that user friendly, as you end up turning down the DVD when you load it, but once the movie starts you have to turn it up to hear properly.

Is there a way to adjust the audio level for the menu, perhaps drop it down a few db? I cant seem to find any settings for this.

Thanks in advance.

DPA

macrumors 65816
HELP IS ON THE WAY (just read the following)

I wish I could help myself but DVD Studio Pro keeps (not responding) to my orders!!! Is OPEN to hard for it to handle. I know my PC sometimes couldn't handle OPEN Outlook. Typical PC. But how wonderful is this news: I CAN HELP!! Good news or bad news. Too bad there's only bad news. You can't edit the audio level of the file in DVD Studio Pro because it is only meant for creating a DVD, not editing video nor audio. Your best bet would be to go to FCP or where ever else you can edit volume and save the piece at the volume you need. In your case, try taking it down a few dB and see if your own advice works. I think the easiest way to do that would be open a quick GarageBand project and just lower the volume.:D

ChemiosMurphy

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Warminster, PA
Try and get the Level to between -20 and -12 dBs. The university where I work wants us to hand projects in at -12, but the post house where I work wants around -14 to -20.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.