Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
Rules:

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. I think that a good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography. I think it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it and a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for starting a new thread containing a new contest and topic which again will run for exactly one week.

I decided to go seasonal on this one, so the theme is Decorations. Any type of Christmas or New Years decoration taken from a photographers point of view.

Good luck! I look forward to judging your entries!

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2007
I decided to go seasonal on this one, so the theme is Decorations. Any type of Christmas or New Years decoration taken from a photographers point of view. !

Damn.. I like it! I'm gonna take some tonight in hopes of wining!!!!

bootedbear

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2004
Austin, TX
points.jpg

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
I live in Las Vgeas, Nv and this was the first year (in the 20+ years i have lived here) that we could use actual snow as a decoration...

Click for larger image

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Trying out my new flash

Attachments

• 20081225-Christmas at Mom and Dad's-DSC_0460.jpg
    20081225-Christmas at Mom and Dad's-DSC_0460.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 134

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
I will take submissions until around 10:00 AM (EST) due to the possibility of New Years "decorations." Nicholie, your photo seems to have disappeared. Although I remember what it was, it would be great if you could repair your link. Thanks everyone!

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
That's it folks! Thank you for the submissions. In weeks past I have done extensive critiquing for every photo, but this week I'll make it quick. Phrasikleia, you are the winner due to the combination of Christmas and New Years "decorations." You may pick next week's theme! Thanks everyone!

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Thanks, techie4life! I was taking pictures last night with this contest theme in mind, so that shot was quite deliberate. The fireworks show in Ljubljana was amazing, by the way. If anyone is looking for a great place to go for NYE, definitely consider Slovenia!

OK, now I'll go start the next thread. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.