Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Ok I'm not sure were to post this but I turned on my late MBP and there is no wifi, I know my wifi in the house is working because I'm sitting right next to my MBP with my Backbook. It was working fine last night and now the computer tells me there is no Airport card installed, were the F did it go ? So I went to Airport Utility and thats telling me it can not find any Apple wireless devices, WTF ? Any solutions here...

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Hmm why this ? I rebooted the computer twice and still had the same problem so I thought let me shut it down and wow now it works go figure.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Airport Utility will only show routers such as Airport Extreme, Airport Express, and Time Capsules, base stations.

Otherwise, go the System Pref.—>Network Pref., select the Airport and delete it by click the [-]. Click "Apply" and reboot. Go in again and click the [+] and create a new profile, apply and reboot. If this doesn't fix it or if you can add it after the reboot, you need to have the computer repaired as most likely the card has failed (as mine did before).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.