Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 26, 2008, 07:53 PM   #1
klooney
macrumors member

View all files in a .dmg

I'm trying to view all the files .dmg but all I get when I open it is the application install button. How can I view all the files that are associated with .dmg

Thanks
klooney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 09:26 PM   #2
BlueRevolution
macrumors 601

What are you expecting to find in there? What application is this? In many cases, the install is all there is.
BlueRevolution is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Duff-Man
macrumors 68030

Duff-Man says...if I understand your question right, you're wanting to see exactly what is inside a specific installer package? In many cases you can right-click (or control-click if you've a one button mouse) and select "show package contents" from the contextual menu. There's also a great little utility called Pacifist that lets you examine package contents and extract things from them....oh yeah!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:32 PM   #4
klooney
macrumors member

so what if I created a sparse image copy of the package and wanted to delete files within the package, do I use pacifist? Let me know if you need me to clarify.

BTW: Using 10.5.6
klooney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:02 PM   #5
Duff-Man
macrumors 68030

Duff-Man says....perhaps you ought to explain just what you are wanting to do and why. There could be a number of issues with toying around with installer packages - the authors of those packages may take issue with it, removing files from the packages may break the install scripts - to name a couple...oh yeah!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 03:09 PM   #6
NoWaythisworks
macrumors newbie

How to view .dmg files on a pc

I have downloaded MacDrive 9 and winimage with no success in being able to view the videos. I can hear the video via Quicktime but have no visual. Got an error msg that I needed more codec components in Quicktime and downloaded Divd and Xvid, but still no success. Anyone can help, please? Thanks
NoWaythisworks is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help