Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abtarh2o

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I am looking for some Think different posters, I have looked on the missing bite and the prices are pretty high. I cant find many websites with much information on how many posters they made and how rare they are. Does anyone have any info, or know a good place to buy some?

Sigur

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2008
I am looking for some Think different posters, I have looked on the missing bite and the prices are pretty high. I cant find many websites with much information on how many posters they made and how rare they are. Does anyone have any info, or know a good place to buy some?

You might want to have a look at ebay.

OT: I don't know if ebay links work in this forum but you can just search for "think different poster".

EDIT: Apparently the link does work.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
Haha, the library at my highschool (former, now a freshman in college) had about 8 of them...I checked them all and they are what look like to be originals. (Judging by photo quality, aging, no pixels or anything.) It's Arlington High School in LaGrangeville, NY if you wanna call them up and see if they're selling XD

Looking more into it, they have the "educator" set at the school. This whole set can be found on eBay right now fro about $150.

omegaphil6

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
Fort Myers Florida
I have 3 posters.
Luci and Desi
Jim Henson & Kermit
Ansel Adams

All originals purchased straight from apple back when they had the Apple Merchandise store on the web.

I have 3 posters.
Luci and Desi
Jim Henson & Kermit
Ansel Adams

All originals purchased straight from apple back when they had the Apple Merchandise store on the web.

Nice that Ansel one is hard to come by. I have quite a few of them but I would never sell.

My current collection consists of Picasso, Miles Davis, Einstien, (3) Buzz Aldrin, Kermit/Jim Henson, A. Hitchcock, Amelia Earhart and Richard Fenyman. There are a lot of others that I want but thier prices have become pretty steep for great condition posters. Most of mine are still sealed in the tube.

I picked up the 3 Buzz Aldrin posters from a photography studios that shut down in Chicago. The photography company I worked with got the heads up on the garage sale and me and a couple other photographers drove out there. They gave us first dibs on the equipment. I picked up a an Omega D5 Enlarger that looked like it had never been used before with a Zone VI Cold light head and a Bessler color head. I also picked up a 4000 dollar densitometer, a Epson large format printer, a 16x20 heated press and the 3 Buzz Posters which were still in the tubes and I walked out paying 500 bucks. It was one of the best deals I have ever had on anything. we actually had to go and rent a couple mini vans to get the equipment back to Detroit. One of the other guys I was with picked up a motorized 8x10 enlarger. It was so large that it took an entire minivan just for that one enlarger and he actually ended up having to reinforce the floor he was putting it on which ended up costing like 10 times what he paid for it. I ended up selling that Densitometer a few years later for 1300 bucks so I made a 700 dollar profit, lol. Quite frankly I never understood why they charged us so little but I think it had something to do with us getting the lowdown on the sale to begin with. Someone knew someone and they let us get some killer deals. I still use the enlarger, both heads, and the heated print press.

Macpropro80

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
my teacher has every single think different poster hanging in the classroom. All are original, how much do you think a complete collection is worth?

broosten

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2008
New England
anyone have high res scans? I'd like to just print a few, to put on my wall.

That would be absolutely brilliant if anyone did, seeing as they can be around $50 online for 11x17 posters, and glossy 11x17 prints at some print shop or office store are typically around $2.

I cringe whenever I see the posters in a school, either ripped or vandalized by students, the only people that have the posters are educators for the most part( Apple sent them out for free in the mid-90s if anyone was wondering why), and the only people that want the posters nowadays are collectors.

On a different, slightly related to the original post, note: I have used this picture of John and Yoko to recreate the poster, I just had to add the Apple Logo and Think Different in Adobe (or Apple) Garamond. Then crop it to an 11x17 size.

Mishenka

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
Germany
Beware of what is sold at the MyOldMac website

You might want to search for FAKE Apple Poster Guide on eBay - it has some good information about the original Apple posters which you should be aware of. Based on the information from the Guide, all of the posters on the website mentioned above at myoldmac.net are FAKE.

Regards,

Michael

tomdearing

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2009
Kentucky
3 posters I would sell

I bought a series of 5 Think Different posters in 1998. I immediately had 3 framed for work and home. I gave away two to friends who liked the people on them.

I have 3 24x36 posters, black-and-white with the color Apple logo, that I like but would sell. If I can do something extra for my kids, I'd sell them. I have the Ansel Adams, Bob Dylan and Miles Davis posters, all professionally framed. (I gave away Lucy and Desi, and Jim Henson and Kermit.)

I could have the three posters unframed and protected in a shipping tube. I've seen the prices all over the map. I'd sell all 3 together for 400 dollars or best offer plus shipping. I can post photos of them if that helps. Miles is at work, and the other two are at home. Just let me know.

Takahashi

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
Henderson, NV
Check Schools

Believe it or not... Schools were originally Mac based in the 1990's and the labs were given the posters to hang up and do what you will. I've gotten all of the original posters just by asking for them! The new teachers don't want them or dont need them I guess but I've got the whole set FOR FREE! Some may ask for replacement posters but those can be cheap. You can also score some of the original Apple Computer Inc. stickers. It never hurts to ask around, and if you can't find it in a school the districts have auctions getting rid of the unwanted material. Where Iv'e picked up a great deal of computers for around 3-14$ Schools can be your best friends sometimes.

comacnut

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2007
I didn't know these were so valuable. I have the Thomas Edison, Jackie Robinson, Lucy and Desi, and Ghandi posters. Besides the Jackie Robinson one that hangs in my office I haven't pulled these out in years. Maybe it's time cash in?

froggytreafrogg

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2008
Louisiana
ebay. you are going to pay and ARM and a LEG. perhaps $50 a poster. I want some too but dont want to spend the green. im going to try to figure out a way to print some that look close to the bona fide think different posters :apple:

I didn't know these were so valuable. I have the Thomas Edison, Jackie Robinson, Lucy and Desi, and Ghandi posters. Besides the Jackie Robinson one that hangs in my office I haven't pulled these out in years. Maybe it's time cash in?

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Think different posters

You have to beware of fakes. The posters you want are the 24"x36" ones that are of the original series. There are many "proof" posters which are 8.5"x11" which are really fake. Somebody just printed them on a printer and they are trying to sell them on eBay.

I would search:

Think different 24" in the Macintosh section on eBay

...that is the search I use.

I currently own two Edisons and I recently picked up an Ansel Adams on there.

cagox

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
Miles Davis Think Different poster

I have the original Miles Davis Think Different poster (24"x36") in great condition for sale. Please contact me if anyone is interested (gordan@portfolio3.com)

RichardOwens

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2011
You might want to search for FAKE Apple Poster Guide on eBay - it has some good information about the original Apple posters which you should be aware of. Based on the information from the Guide, all of the posters on the website mentioned above at myoldmac.net are FAKE.

Regards,

Michael

The fake Apple Poster Guide on EBay is wrong.

The guide was written by someone who was not there and knows not much about Apple Posters.

Sadly this mistruth is cited as fact for some reason and is repeated often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.