Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 27, 2008, 08:27 PM   #1
bndoarn
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Movies in Recently Added

is there any way to disable movies from being added to the Recently Added playlist? i can't uncheck them because then they won't be on my TV.
__________________
White iPhone 5 64GB | Black iPad mini 16GB | 13" MacBook Air 2011 | AppleTV 3G
bndoarn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 08:32 PM   #2
mcavjame
macrumors 65816
 
mcavjame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: phased to this universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bndoarn View Post
is there any way to disable movies from being added to the Recently Added playlist? i can't uncheck them because then they won't be on my TV.
Sorry... can you clarify this? You either want the movie or you don't. Why wouldn't you want a movie to show up in a recently added play list? Is it a gift?

Anyway, you can delete the item from the list and still add it to another playlist later on. For that matter, you can delete the "recently added" playlist altogether.
__________________
potd
mcavjame is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 08:38 PM   #3
balamw
Moderator
 
balamw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New England, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavjame View Post
Sorry... can you clarify this? You either want the movie or you don't. Why wouldn't you want a movie to show up in a recently added play list? Is it a gift?

Anyway, you can delete the item from the list and still add it to another playlist later on. For that matter, you can delete the "recently added" playlist altogether.
Yeah the simplest route is just to edit the Recently Added Smart Playlist and add something like "Kind does not contain video", but that would also exclude Music Videos.

B
__________________
MBA (13" 1.7 GHz 128GB), UMBP (15" SD 2.8 GHz), UMB (13" 2.4 GHz), iMac (17" Yonah), 32GB iPad 3 WiFi+LTE, 64 GB iPad WiFi, 32 GB iPhone 5, Airport Extreme
balamw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 09:39 PM   #4
bndoarn
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavjame View Post
Sorry... can you clarify this? You either want the movie or you don't. Why wouldn't you want a movie to show up in a recently added play list? Is it a gift?

Anyway, you can delete the item from the list and still add it to another playlist later on. For that matter, you can delete the "recently added" playlist altogether.
i want the movie but i don't want it in the Recently Added playlist because when i sync my iPod it will add the movie audio to my iPod in the playlist but i don't want it there. sorry for the confusion and thanks for the solution.
__________________
White iPhone 5 64GB | Black iPad mini 16GB | 13" MacBook Air 2011 | AppleTV 3G
bndoarn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:18 PM   #5
mcavjame
macrumors 65816
 
mcavjame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: phased to this universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bndoarn View Post
i want the movie but i don't want it in the Recently Added playlist because when i sync my iPod it will add the movie audio to my iPod in the playlist but i don't want it there. sorry for the confusion and thanks for the solution.
Ok. That makes sense.

What you want to do is go to the movie tab when you connect your ipod and only check playlists you want to synch. For my touch I have created a playlist called movies2synch. I make sure I only have the movies I want to take with me in that list, or none at all. It's really about managing your lists.
__________________
potd
mcavjame is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recently added playlist sync problem? jkim3691 iOS 7 0 Mar 25, 2014 06:48 PM
Movies and TV showing up in recently added music playlist... hexon OS X Mavericks (10.9) 0 Feb 26, 2014 03:30 PM
iTunes recently added playlist bug mattburley7 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Oct 11, 2013 11:50 AM
Create a recently added music to iphone playlist? kristoffer4 iPhone 1 Sep 22, 2013 02:47 AM
My 'Recently added' playlist has been removed gusping iOS 5 and earlier 4 Jul 22, 2012 08:01 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC