Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 27, 2008, 08:27 PM   #1
bndoarn
macrumors 6502a

Movies in Recently Added

is there any way to disable movies from being added to the Recently Added playlist? i can't uncheck them because then they won't be on my TV.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 08:32 PM   #2
mcavjame
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bndoarn View Post
is there any way to disable movies from being added to the Recently Added playlist? i can't uncheck them because then they won't be on my TV.
Sorry... can you clarify this? You either want the movie or you don't. Why wouldn't you want a movie to show up in a recently added play list? Is it a gift?

Anyway, you can delete the item from the list and still add it to another playlist later on. For that matter, you can delete the "recently added" playlist altogether.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 08:38 PM   #3
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavjame View Post
Sorry... can you clarify this? You either want the movie or you don't. Why wouldn't you want a movie to show up in a recently added play list? Is it a gift?

Anyway, you can delete the item from the list and still add it to another playlist later on. For that matter, you can delete the "recently added" playlist altogether.
Yeah the simplest route is just to edit the Recently Added Smart Playlist and add something like "Kind does not contain video", but that would also exclude Music Videos.

B
Old Dec 27, 2008, 09:39 PM   #4
bndoarn
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavjame View Post

i want the movie but i don't want it in the Recently Added playlist because when i sync my iPod it will add the movie audio to my iPod in the playlist but i don't want it there. sorry for the confusion and thanks for the solution.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:18 PM   #5
mcavjame
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bndoarn View Post
i want the movie but i don't want it in the Recently Added playlist because when i sync my iPod it will add the movie audio to my iPod in the playlist but i don't want it there. sorry for the confusion and thanks for the solution.
Ok. That makes sense.

What you want to do is go to the movie tab when you connect your ipod and only check playlists you want to synch. For my touch I have created a playlist called movies2synch. I make sure I only have the movies I want to take with me in that list, or none at all. It's really about managing your lists.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod