Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danz1156

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
United States

scubastevie

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2005
Put it on my voyager, Doesn't it say wait 24 hours or something? I'm sure mine had some bubbles that went away, give it some time.

PS looking at your pics. You should of watched the installing video more.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
You can always start over if you have enough liquid left. If I remember correctly, the instructions say something about minor bubbles disappearing after a few days while the coating cures.

scubastevie

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2005
The solution is just soapy water. So you can just add water to the little bottle and use it again.

I remember Zagg having my instructions on website.

AClark

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2008
The bubbles will all flatten out. I didn't have any that big on my ipod touch, but when I used invisishield on my macbook I had some pretty big ones such as the ones in your pictures, maybe bigger, and within about three days all of the liquid managed to evaporate out of the pores in the rubber (I'm guessing that's what happens). As the bubbles gradually go down, sort of massage the bumps down every once and a while. This way the bubbles are less likely to cause small wrinkles in the invisishield as it flattens out. You might be able to tell where the bubbles were after they dry out by very slight wrinkles, but everything should be nice and flat eventually.

If it doesn't turn out how you want it to, I think they have a 30 day return policy if you aren't satisfied?

Alucardx03

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I don't know... I've put invisible Shields on 2 iphones, a MBA and my new MBP, and have always took special care to squeegee out the bubbles. Even if they do flatten out, you're still going to have ridges in the material, which may hinder the iphone usability considering it's a touchscreen device.

OffBrand

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
If Invisible Shields are anything like Best Skins Ever, use a credit card (or anything similar) to smooth them out while still wet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.