Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

electricsparks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
I have an iphone first generation, and i restored it and it updated the iphone version thing to 2. something, I don't remember, but it was 2. something. And it said it could back up my files and such so after I can restore the phone with old music and apps and such. So after I downloaded the newer version, it updated my phone, but then on itunes, it said that I have to use the original SIM card that came with my phone to activate it. So I thought that means I have to do the whole Ziphone jailbreaking thing again, so I downloaded ziphone again and tried to jailbreak it, but I waited for so long and the ziphone process never finished. So I cancelled it because the ziphone thing didn't work, it seemed to be stuck on a certain step. It keeps saying "rebooting phone in recovery mode", but never goes past that. And now when I put my phone into the computer, itunes still recognizes it, but it says that the phone detected is in recovery mode and i need to restore it. So click restore and nothing changes. When I detach my phone from the computer, it still has the screen where there is a cable and then an arrow pointing to the itunes logo, which means I should connect to itunes. Then I connect to itunes and nothing happens. It says "Itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You need to restore this iphone before you can use it with Itunes". So I restore it and nothing changes???????? PLEASE HELP ME!

rubysatti

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
i have exactly the same issue and thats why i have register myself here to get some help

Eluded

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Did you try to google iphone recovery loop? It should pull up multiple ways to try and get out of the recovery loop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.