Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amit Jain

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Hi All,
I am new to iPhone programming ,
I want to know how to convert the latitude and longitude value to particular location also how to display that particular location in google earth .
My idea was to first find the zip code of that location and then with the help of the code trace the location on in built google maps on iPhone.
Thnx in advance.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I want to know how to convert the latitude and longitude value to particular location also how to display that particular location in google earth .
Hello. What do you mean by "particular location"? Because lat/long values already define a particular location. Also, I do not believe you can interface with the Google Earth app using the SDK.

Amit Jain

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Hello. What do you mean by "particular location"? Because lat/long values already define a particular location. Also, I do not believe you can interface with the Google Earth app using the SDK.

First thnx for the reply,
Actually what I mean to say is, is there any way to convert the lat/long values to get a particular location name like any area name or sity name etc.
I have to get them in my application I dont know how may be by using google earth or is there any other way around. Please help i am stuck.
Thnx in advance.

drivefast

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
what you are trying to do cannot be done only in the iphone sdk. imagine the huge amount of data you would have to have in stored in your iphone, such that conversion of coordinates to a location name is made possible. you should think along the lines of obtaining the coordinates from the iphone, then ask google or mapquest or whoever to do the conversion for you. i would suggest looking up "reverse geocoding" and exercise your javascript skills a little ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.