Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Dec 29, 2008, 02:48 PM   #1
cis4life
macrumors regular

a web app inside a native iphone app

Hello,

Over the last couple months, my team and I have been working on a new mobile service and built a pretty spiffy web app to work on the iphone. Problem is, apple is no longer (they don't apper to anyway) giving any love to web apps. (no app store listing for web apps or anything )

So my team and I have sat down and was going over what it would take to rebuild a native iphone app to go along with our mobile service. We came up with the simple idea of just building a native iphone app "Shell" that runs the web app in a WebView.

Would this be a vaild app by apple?

I really want to get this service out the door and want to use what we have in place now to the iphone users.

Whats your thoughts of this application building approach?
cis4life is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:53 AM   #2
I'm a Mac
macrumors 6502

Very simple solution. use webview to integrate your webapp into a native app. It's like safari, minus the menu bar, but still it looks a lot more natural- and I would consider this legitimate especially if the app was tailored to the iPhone's browser. Also, see if you can integrate a menu/ tab bar solution for easier navigation- that would definitely make it more legitimate. Search for an app online called myGoogle, it almost has all the code built in- which would make it very easy for you.
I'm a Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming