Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 29, 2008, 03:25 PM   #1
badlydrawnboy
macrumors 6502a

Streaming music wirelessly?

I'm a newbie when it comes to home music/theater options. I could use some help.

I've got a desktop Mac Pro in my office and a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router. I'd like to find a way to play music from my iTunes library on that computer in the living room, which is a few rooms away. I don't have a computer in the living room and don't particularly want one in there.

What are my options? I guess I could get an iPod nano and some speakers and leave it at that. But is there any way to access my iTunes library without having a computer in there?
badlydrawnboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Consultant
macrumors G5

Airport Express

http://www.apple.com/wifi/
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2008, 05:07 PM   #3
badlydrawnboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
Thanks for your reply. Can I use this in conjunction with a D-link router, though? I already have an existing wireless network set up with that, and I want to continue using it for internet connectivity.
badlydrawnboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod