Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Feb 29, 2004, 04:38 PM   #1
coopdig
macrumors member

Will the 17" iMac be able to do what I want it to?

Hi! I'm thinking very seriously about getting a 17" iMac (; my only problem being that I'm not really sure that it would be able to do what I would like it to.

I would really like it to be able to run Garageband w/o any noticeable hassles/lag-time. And, although I'm not at all a serious gamer, I would really like it to run Simcity 4 reasonably well.

Has anyone had any experience w/ either of these programs (or similar ones) on the 17" iMac? If needs be, I can potentially wait for the next revision... but I don't want to!!
coopdig is offline   0
Old Feb 29, 2004, 05:22 PM   #2
jimsowden
macrumors 68000

I am confident that the 17 incher will do what you want it to. I would reccomend buying either from apple.com or at a retail store because of the ram. They come with 256, and I would recommend upping it to a gig for garageband. Sim city runs fine. Go to the apple store and check one out, they probably have sim city loaded on one and definitly garageband. Yay iMac!
Old Feb 29, 2004, 05:29 PM   #3
Horrortaxi
macrumors 68020

No question it will do what you want it to do. No doubt.
Horrortaxi is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews