Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:40 AM   #1
Richdmoore
macrumors 65816

Copy iTunes music and keep the album art?

Hello, I have a quick question, but I can't find the exact answer on another thread. I am in the process of getting all of my music paired with the album art on my macbook. After I get this done tonight, I wish to move all of the music over to my pc (they are on the same network, I was going to just copy them over.)

My question is that when I do this, will the album art covers come over with the music files, or do I have to something else. (The only thread I saw stated that playlist will not transfer, but nothing about the album art.)

Thanks for any assistance.
Richdmoore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:45 AM   #2
Surely

If you don't get a proper answer from someone, you can always try copying over 1 album to see if it brings the art with it.

If the art doesn't transfer over, and if you're moving the music into iTunes on your PC, iTunes should be able to re-find the art.
Surely is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:07 AM   #3
DaftUnion
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to DaftUnion
Copy the whole iTunes folder (with Album Artwork, iTunes Music, Mobile Applications, Previous iTunes Libraries, iTunes Library files, ect.) and do a copy/paste onto the other computer.

If you just copy the "randomsongtitle.mp3" files over you will lose all the album art (if you got artwork from the iTunes store) because the artwork is not in the file itself and is in the album artwork folder and linked through iTunes.
iPhone 8gb

Last edited by DaftUnion; Dec 31, 2008 at 06:21 AM.
DaftUnion is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store