Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 1, 2009, 09:15 AM   #1
jon08
macrumors 65816

Voice Recorder - "Not enough memory available to complete this operation"

Just this morning I installed Win XP PRO SP3 through BootCamp (NTFS - thorough format) on my MBP previous generation 2.5 Ghz, 4GB RAM.

However, when I was trying out the microphone in XP by recording a voice clip in Voice Recorder, upon stopping the recording, the "Not enough memory available to complete this operation. Quit one or more applications to increase available memory, and try again." kept popping out.

How is that possible, when almost 3GB RAM is available in XP? (at least that's what it shows when I right-click on My Computer and then Properties..)

It puzzles me.

And another thing - why wouldn't the microphone from my headphones work on Gtalk (as well run in XP)? I can hear the other party well, but they don't hear a sound from me.. Also, using Skype they would be able to hear me, but very distant, and I would hear their voice distorted as well. (upon switching to OS X, Skype would work fine, except for the complaints on the other side that my voice sounds slightly robotic - machine-like...)
jon08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 03:46 PM   #2
jon08
macrumors 65816

anyone?
jon08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac