Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Mar 1, 2004, 03:42 PM   #1
SpaceMagic
macrumors 68000

Unhappy One thing a G5 cannot do...

Get rid of this awful tooth ache i have! I'm in agony - phoned dentist to get an emergancy appointment for tomorrow morning!

No cloves in the house either!

So Apple... in your next powermac, include a all-purpose alternative cure medi kit!
SpaceMagic is offline   0
Old Mar 1, 2004, 03:48 PM   #2
Savage Henry
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMagic
Get rid of this awful tooth ache i have! I'm in agony - phoned dentist to get an emergancy appointment for tomorrow morning!
Actually I think you'll find it can, and you are perhaps not using it properly.

Have you tried brushing with it vertically instead of side to side?

That always works for me with Apple hardware dating no earlier than September 2001.

Hope this has helped you in your moment of need.

From the I Ching
Savage Henry is offline   0
Old Mar 1, 2004, 03:50 PM   #3
SpaceMagic
macrumors 68000

Is that Basingstock UK?
Old Mar 1, 2004, 04:12 PM   #4
Savage Henry
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Is that Basingstock UK?
Yep, but only during the day.

At night I solve crimes in Gotham City, not as Batman, just as myself - it's just Batman gets all the attention co he insists on wearing a costume. He's a bit of a numpty if you ask me.

Hope this helps.

Incidentally iBooks can help relieve Athletes Foot.

From the I Ching
Savage Henry is offline   0
Old Mar 1, 2004, 04:23 PM   #5
johnnyjibbs
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to johnnyjibbs Send a message via MSN to johnnyjibbs
I was born in Basingstoke!

Anyway, just looking at my PowerBook is a great way of curing a headache.
johnnyjibbs is offline   0
Old Mar 5, 2004, 06:27 PM   #6
cr2sh
macrumors 68030

Quote:
So Apple... in your next powermac, include a all-purpose alternative cure medi kit!
You could use it like Tom Hanks in that island movie.. castaway... where he takes the ice skate and..

Do it you wimp!

MBP (early' 11/2.2/16GB/500GB/hi-res-ag)
cr2sh is offline   0
Old Mar 5, 2004, 06:39 PM   #7
Horrortaxi
macrumors 68020

People never check their utilities folder, do they? Run the Bluetooth Setup Utility and then reboot your mouth. That should get rid of your pain. If it doesn't, call AppleCare.
Horrortaxi is offline   0
Old Mar 5, 2004, 06:44 PM   #8
JesseJames
macrumors 6502a

I'll get my old pair of channel lock pliers and come over and yank that bastard out. Don't worry I got a bottle of Seagrams 7 that you can down to numb the pain.

933Mghz G4, 1.25GB RAM
OS 10.3.9
JesseJames is offline   0
Old Mar 5, 2004, 09:38 PM   #9
Squire
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrortaxi
People never check their utilities folder, do they? Run the Bluetooth Setup Utility and then reboot your mouth. That should get rid of your pain. If it doesn't, call AppleCare.
Funniest post of the day award!

One of my students had a terrible toothache a couple of weeks ago and ended up getting a wisdom tooth pulled. I told him that I, too, got my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 16 years old- all four of them. He was in complete shock and couldn't believe that I got ALL of them pulled in one sitting. Apparently they don't do that here. You have to go in four times. Crazy, eh?

Squire
Old Mar 5, 2004, 09:41 PM   #10
cr2sh
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire
He was in complete shock and couldn't believe that I got ALL of them pulled in one sitting. Apparently they don't do that here. You have to go in four times. Crazy, eh?
I had all four of mine pulled when I was 18. I have always said that if I had known how good the drugs would be, I would have had them pulled one at a time.

MBP (early' 11/2.2/16GB/500GB/hi-res-ag)
cr2sh is offline   0
Old Mar 5, 2004, 11:37 PM   #11
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2sh
I had all four of mine pulled when I was 18. I have always said that if I had known how good the drugs would be, I would have had them pulled one at a time.
aint that the truth! i had all 4 of mine done last summer... when i came out of it, i babbled, laughed like a hyena, and shouted things at people. then i laughed some more. i kept arguing with the doctor to give me some to take home, and he thought i was kidding. blah.

i can empathize on the toothache, i have several going right now. i can't take the time off to go to a dentist, and it's going to take some massive work to get my teeth in good shape-- every tooth needs repair, i've had two root canals, and i need two more. Then four crowns, about 32 fillings, and possibly an implant... and my last root canal? done without anesthesia, the root was too inflamed to work with. Luckily they finally sprayed some anesthesia on the root once they had drilled the tooth open, but let me tell you, i don't let people bitch about how bad their root canals were.

if i were you, i'd get a bottle of sleeping pills and bunker down 'till morning :/

paul
rainman::|:| is offline   0
Old Mar 5, 2004, 11:49 PM   #12
Horrortaxi
macrumors 68020

I had my uppers and lowers removed a couple years apart. I had a generous oral surgeon who gave generous refills on Vicodin, so I had a good supply for a while there...you know, for the event that they grew back or something.
Horrortaxi is offline   0
Old Mar 6, 2004, 09:11 AM   #13
SpaceMagic
macrumors 68000

I went to Dentist and after 2 X-rays, she couldn't see anything wrong with them! Arghhh.. i've been in pain all week... I'm going to see her again sometime.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 01:14 PM   #14
DavidLeblond
macrumors 68020

I'll gladly give you some OraGel if you give me your G5.

Otherwise the only other way a G5 could fix your toothache is if you tie one end of a string to your tooth, the other to the G5 and toss it out the window.

Although I don't suggest doing it that way, Dells are much cheaper (and you would have the added enjoyment of watching a Dell smash open on the pavement below.)
DavidLeblond is offline   0
Old Mar 6, 2004, 01:54 PM   #15
elephanttrainer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLeblond
I'll gladly give you some OraGel if you give me your G5.

Otherwise the only other way a G5 could fix your toothache is if you tie one end of a string to your tooth, the other to the G5 and toss it out the window.

Although I don't suggest doing it that way, Dells are much cheaper (and you would have the added enjoyment of watching a Dell smash open on the pavement below.)
Good times when you can entertain yourself thoroughly reading through a mac forum!

I will second the idea of tying your tooth to a Dell and throwing it out the window.

Good luck!
elephanttrainer is offline   0
Old Mar 6, 2004, 02:21 PM   #16
SpaceMagic
macrumors 68000

I would "Dell my tooth" but I don't want to give my yard a virus.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews