Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 1, 2009, 07:47 PM   #1
DPA
macrumors 65816

Location: trapped as a prisoner of a purple aurora and an aluminum device
Learning Objective C

I would like to build a simple app that I could put on my iPhone for viewing my swimming times, records, time standards and a couple other categories. This would be done in a simple table that would pull data off of tables from a couple websites. I am new to coding/programming. I have read BecomingAnXcoder. I am willing to take several months to learn coding and a fast learner and am very ambitous. Please link me to some website that I can read about Objective-C and iPhone programming. I've downloaded the SDK and will pay the $100 thing. I want to evetually post apps on the App store but this one I would like to be on only a few iPhones. How hard would this all be and how much do I have to learn. BTW, I'm 13 so I don't have a job and have a lot of time to do this.

Thanks in advanced,
David

Last edited by DPA; Jan 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM.
DPA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2009, 11:14 PM   #2
dejo

You can start by visiting the stickies at the top of this very forum.
dejo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:57 AM   #3
DPA
macrumors 65816

Location: trapped as a prisoner of a purple aurora and an aluminum device
OK, thanks Dejo. Is it possible to have an application pull data from a table on a website if the format of the table is not changed? One website is built in HTML and the other PHP. The only thing that changes in the formatting is that some type is sometimes boldfaced when changed. I have taken a look at the stickies and some other forums. I think I am set for a few weeks.

Thanks,
David

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming