Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustGretchen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Hello everyone, I'm wondering how to change or delete the little picture in Mail that seems to be attached to messages. I am really hoping it's not attached to outgoing messages because I don't really want that. I don't know where it came from and I can't seem to find any settings for it.

It only seems to show up on one account in Mail, not all 4 that I have set up.

The one that is showing up isn't even the one I have selected for my account picture or iChat icon so I'm even a little more confused.

thanks

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
It's not included on outgoing email.

You can change/delete it in AddressBook. The reason it's only there for one account is (presumably) because you haven't put all your email addresses in your personal entry on AddressBook?

Ashka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
New Zealand
The picture is set automatically in System Prefs > Accounts > when the account is first set up. Click on the set picture for a drop down of more.
It can also be changed in Address Book in the same way as you can put pics on everyone else in there. They are not sent and are only seen by you.

STRIP

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2013
Update -- 2013

I believe that has changed and now, you'll want to open the equivalent to what was called "Address Book"
= In APPLICATIONS
> open CONTACTS
> choose CARD
> in drop down, choose either
CLEAR IMAGE to delete
or
CUSTOM IMAGE, obviously, to choose a new image

duncangohl

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2014
Krugersdorp
Lately (few weeks) my incoming mail shows pics of most of my senders.
My pic is going out too now.
How to change my pic?
I look so old.......:confused:

getalexfr

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
I think this thread needs an update. Mac have really hidden this feature /complicated it and it's causing headaches.
I have set my User picture to one thing (if i click on my name in the top right corner of the desktop, i see this image beside my name).
In Contacts, I have located my own contact card and made sure it is an image i like.
But STILL, in mail, there is some random image beside my emails for one of my accounts. If this is going out with the mail to recipients I will be very annoyed, as it's inappropriate for my business. How do I get rid of it, or change it?? it is not the same as my User pic, nor my contact card pic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.