Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:53 PM   #1
PhantomLord
macrumors newbie

Just got an iMac and need iPod/iTunes help

Hey everyone,

As the title says, I just got an iMac. My Dell and my HP laptop both died, so I'm starting from scratch in regards to my and my girlfriend's iPods.

I know there are programs out there to upload music from your iPod to your PC, but I am wondering what you all think is the best for doing so? I've used one in the past, and it left all my files (songs, CD titles, etc) named random combinations of letters and numbers, so it was pretty much worthless.

Also, is there a way to upload 2 iPods to the new Mac and have two separate ares on iTunes? The GF and I have totally different music, and I don't want our iPods mixing each others stuff in.

Any advice and input is appreciated. I'd rather get informed opinions than just go off on my own and start downloading random programs.

Thanks!
PhantomLord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:58 PM   #2
themoonisdown09
macrumors 601

I use a free program called Senuti to get media off of my iPod onto my Mac.
themoonisdown09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 03:13 PM   #3
PhantomLord
macrumors newbie

How the heck am I supposed to use this program? I downloaded it, but it only shows the CD I downloaded awhile ago. Plugged the iPod in, and iTunes opens and wants to erase everything, but Senuti doesn't change.
PhantomLord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2009, 07:23 PM   #4
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Ivan P
It should show everything on your iPod without prompting. It's odd that it's not doing that.

What kind of iPod is it? I know the iPod touch isn't compatible with some versions of it.
Ivan P is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod