Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhantomLord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Hey everyone,

As the title says, I just got an iMac. My Dell and my HP laptop both died, so I'm starting from scratch in regards to my and my girlfriend's iPods.

I know there are programs out there to upload music from your iPod to your PC, but I am wondering what you all think is the best for doing so? I've used one in the past, and it left all my files (songs, CD titles, etc) named random combinations of letters and numbers, so it was pretty much worthless.

Also, is there a way to upload 2 iPods to the new Mac and have two separate ares on iTunes? The GF and I have totally different music, and I don't want our iPods mixing each others stuff in.

Any advice and input is appreciated. I'd rather get informed opinions than just go off on my own and start downloading random programs.

Thanks!

PhantomLord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
How the heck am I supposed to use this program? I downloaded it, but it only shows the CD I downloaded awhile ago. Plugged the iPod in, and iTunes opens and wants to erase everything, but Senuti doesn't change.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
It should show everything on your iPod without prompting. It's odd that it's not doing that.

What kind of iPod is it? I know the iPod touch isn't compatible with some versions of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.