Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Hello,

I've already asked once for your opinion here and I appreciate you guys pointed to my mistakes in the original concept. I haven't slept for another 12 hours to completely remake the idea, I've submitted it to Apple and now waiting for their approval.

Please check and let me know what do you think now (application is free and not approved by Apple yet, so it's not an advertisement and my site is ad free as well).

Main page: http://www.worldofkarma.com/
Description and the screenshot: http://www.worldofkarma.com/description.html
FAQ: http://www.worldofkarma.com/faq.html

Now you can send good karma to anyone you wish and recipient have to accept it in order for his name and karma level to be published on our website. That simple, just for fun and free. Kind of like eCards, but something you can accumulate (you can get more Karma from more people if they "vote" for you).

It's going to be my first app on the iTunes, so don't judge me too harshly, I've already learned some mistakes and tried to avoid it this time. Hope it will get approved and I will get some more people to use it and to hear what do they want in the next version.

Thank you.

justmyself

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
Honestly, I'm just not feeling it. The question is, what does your website mean to the average joe? Would the average joe care that his name is on your website? IMHO, it kind of falls flat.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Honestly, I'm just not feeling it. The question is, what does your website mean to the average joe? Would the average joe care that his name is on your website? IMHO, it kind of falls flat.

I agree. This app is the New Age version of iFart Mobile, i.e., what's the point?

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
uhm, well, as I said it's a first app and it's free, let's see if it gets approved and then let's see who is right. I don't think it's going to be a killer app, but I'm sure people will use it to send "good karma" to each other. :)

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
I think it's a good idea, and one that you could take further.

I'm impressed that 'worldofkarma.com' was free - it's a great URL, and one that I think you could exploit a whole lot more.

English correction: It's "I applaud you" not "I applause to you"

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Lemme get this straight. Instead of sending an individual an email, an sms or calling them (imagine that, calling someone on an iPhone), we're supposed to use this app to send them some karma? :rolleyes:

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
I think it's a good idea, and one that you could take further.

I'm impressed that 'worldofkarma.com' was free - it's a great URL, and one that I think you could exploit a whole lot more.

English correction: It's "I applaud you" not "I applause to you"

firestarter, thank you for your correction. I'll fix it now.

And yes I have a lot of ideas for the world of karma, many are already in development, it's just a test I'm doing right now with this free app. It will remain free. I have some (well, as I think) killer app ideas, that I'm going to release within next 10-15 days, I have a group of professional developers who are working on it right now. And this free 'good karma' app is just a little free toy, to know how the iTunes Connect works from inside, etc, etc.

Thank you for you support and correction again. :)

It's much better... I can see people using it.

Thank you, maverick! :)

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Was that meant to DIScourage him or ENcourage him?

I don't know, but as I understand the iFart guy is making more money than anybody else on the appstore so far. :) We all can make jokes about him and his app, but we could only dream about profits he have... :D

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
I don't know, but as I understand the iFart guy is making more money than anybody else on the appstore so far. :) We all can make jokes about him and his app, but we could only dream about profits he have... :D

Exactly. If someone criticized my app by calling it the next iFart Mobile... well, that wouldn't be the worst fate!

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
My first honest thought was just give it up this idea sucks.

After I thought about it more this is a pretty good idea and depending on how you develop this with that great domain this could potentially be something real good.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Cool idea.

And to you "What's the point" people, look at the app store. What's the point of 90% of the stuff? At least this is more interesting of an idea then the next iFart or quick dial app.

Applepi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Another spelling mistake on your description and screenshot, it says "you'll be reach" when I think what you were trying to go for was "you'll be rich".

Turmoil

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
I would prefer if developers, like you would concentrate on useful apps, rather than another free or $.99 useless toy. No insult intended, but the app store is full of junk and this does nothing but add more.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I really don't understand the point of this app, you give imaginary karma points to your friends? I could just give them a pat on the back or something.

Sorry don't see the point,
ChrisN

ying yang

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Did you just purge all the names of the Steve Jobs well wishers that were listed on the site yesterday? I seem to remember a list of names, occupations, and locations.

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Karma points? What good are karma points? I would rather text or email a friend than send them a karma point. That would make me and them feel a whole better than imaginary karma points.

If you believe in Karma, you know is gained or lost through actions, not through some stupid iTunes App Store app...

Jeez...

S-

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Thanks everyone for your opinion and special thanks for the corrections.

Will let you know when the app is online, so you can see it working, it's still a nice simple app, you may like it, if not - erase it, it's for free and advertisement free (program and the website).

And to all people who really don't like it - don't use it, do you come to every developer on the app store to tell him you don't like his app? :) I'm not trying to sell it here or make profit out of you guys. But even from this forum I can tell that if approved program will find it's users.

I even got a couple of PMs from the AppStore-related websites asking me to let them know when the application is online, so they can write a review about it. I appreciate it a lot, really, thank you!

And I've asked to not to judge me to harshly, it's my first app and for sure I think it's better than making a millionth clone of a flash light for $0.99. So anyways thanks to everyone for sharing your opinion, once again I will let you all know when it's online, uhm, well, if approved by Apple... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.