Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abomb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Hi,
I (like a fool) put my mac pro install dvd into my mac mini with hope to install leopard. I got the error message "cannot install on this computer" due to this being the wrong disk for the mini. but at the time I was unsure of why I was getting this error so I went ahead and used the disk utility tool on the install disk to format the hard drive in my machine, thinking that the previous install may be what is causing the error. Obviously, I was still getting the error. So now I have a completely blank HD with the wrong apple install disk in my dvd drive. I need to get the disk out, and I have tried every usual way to eject the disk and nothing works. That includes holding click on the mouse during startup, holding eject, holding cmd+opt+o+f, and every other possible method I could find in the forums.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

abomb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
yes i have done this, no joy! it seems as though the mac is just ignoring any keyboard command i try at startup.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Turn the machine on, as soon as you do press and hold the mouse button. That should eject the disk
That has required the operating system to be installed in the past. At least it did for me.

[embedguide]Force_Eject_a_Stuck_CD_or_DVD[/embedguide]

hughvane

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
Problem Solved

abomb posted this problem on another forum. This was suggested:
"With the Mini going, get another and old, unused CD and push it in, ever-so-slightly tilted, on the edge of the dvd that is stuck there. This *may* activate the eject function."

The response was:
"I GOT IT OUT!
thanks for your help..your method worked in the end."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.