Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jan 3, 2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

Benefits of Apple TV

OK, now I looked at Apple.com and read some posts and see people have Apple TV. So what does it all do? how is it different from Cable TV or Satellite with On Demand? How can a person benefit from Apple TV? I am trying to understand it so maybe you guys can help me.
Primejimbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Chris Rogers
macrumors 6502a

I think you should post this in the apple TV forum because you may get more responses.

Well with ATV you can only play content you have bought or rented from Itunes or content I. Mp4/mkv format. Think of it like a jukebox. You can also access YouTube, podcasts, and your own pictures to make a slideshow.

Now, if u hack it with Boxee (www.boxee.tv), which is awesome, you will be able to play just about ANY type of video file not just mp4. Great for torrents or your own homevideos. You will also be able to play TV shows FREE from Comedy Central, CBS, and Hulu. There are tons of free TV shows.

For me, The only place ATV lacks is for sporting events. So I am ditching cable after football season. Over the air just won't cut it for me.

Apple TV is just awesome it's doing a lot more than I expected.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rogers View Post
I think you should post this in the apple TV forum because you may get more responses.
I thought of that after I posted

Can a Mod move this for me please?
Primejimbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:12 PM   #4
Chris Rogers
macrumors 6502a

check this

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=624272

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice