Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Regis27

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Anyone found a good way to carry the headphones+mic around with the iphone?
I don't think I want an integrated case carrier; I don't use them enough to justify the added bulk.

(I did search, but didn't find anything in the last few months)

Thanks

iphonewiz

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
I've been using a Budcase for a year now. I love it! Basically it's a case that hooks to your key chain. Can't tell you how many times I use to forget my ear buds! That hasn't happened in a long while. Definitely check them out here

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
I've been using a Budcase for a year now. I love it! Basically it's a case that hooks to your key chain. Can't tell you how many times I use to forget my ear buds! That hasn't happened in a long while. Definitely check them out here

I've been thinking of getting the Budcase but is it easy to fold up the earbuds so they fit in the Budcase? In this picture it looks like it took them like half an hour to neatly fold up the earbuds in the most complicated way possible so it would fit. I'm not exactly the type of person that takes time to fold up my earbuds; I just scrunch them all up and shove them into my pocket. :D Would the Budcase still work for me? Thanks in advance!

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
What I do is I just "fold" my headphones (not wrap around) in that way I don't really damage the wiring that much.

By "folding", I meant hold the opposite tip (the pins) then the headphones, then "fold" it in half. Repeat the process till you get around 3 inches in length then stuck in somewhere in your pocket, works fine with me.

I didn't buy any pouches or cases for my headphones, and mind you my headphones from the first release of the iPod shuffle is still working by using that method :D

iphonewiz

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
You don't have to "wrap" the ear buds to put them in a Budcase. I took a few pics of how I "stuff" mine. Of course you could wrap your ear buds and stuff them in your pocket; however, you have to remember to remove them from your pocket at the end of the day and remember to grab them before you leave.

Having my ear buds on my key chain really helped in that regard.

Attachments

• 2_photo.jpg
    2_photo.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 2_photo-1.jpg
    2_photo-1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 2_photo-2.jpg
    2_photo-2.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 2_photo-3.jpg
    2_photo-3.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 296

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
The link was not lame. That is a very good way to keep your headphone wires from becoming tangled. You want to just toss year headphones in your pocket? Go ahead. But that is certainly not the method everyone uses.

S-

It's lame because, its common sense... wow i didn't know that if you tied something it stays untangled :rolleyes:

oh hey here are some links for tying your shoelaces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqBXyF1wHVk

oh and here's one for how to dress yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX6GyRM0Djg

LILBITOHUNNEY95

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
When I was looking for a sleeve for my MBP I came across a site that had this case for earbuds that was the coolest thing. I don't remember what the product was called and I apparently didn't save the link correctly, but when it was open for you to put your earphones in it looked like an eaten apple with just the core left. and you wrap your earphones around the "core" then fold down top and bottom to close it and it looks like a silicone doughnut. It was like $10 bucks and I can't find it anywhere! If anyone knows what I'm describing in my ramblings please help a girl out! THANX:eek:

I purchased the iquase headphone keeper a couple of minutes ago (http://www.iqase.com/index.asp?PageA...WPROD&ProdID=9).

Looks like a simple solution for the times when I want to toss my headphones into my purse without them getting tangled. Thanks for the heads up. I'll report back as to what I think of the keeper, once it arrives.

I like that idea... and cheap enough you can buy a few of them.. I also keep spare $5 ear buds in my gloveboxes, ceter consoles, computer cases etc... seems I keep crappy sets everywhere because it just seems like i forget them....

nineohtoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
SF Bay Area
I don't mean to sound rude, but that is kind of common sense. Of course that's not something you'd know out of the womb, but it's also something that's not all that hard to figure out. Although you may not agree with how he responded, he has a point.

I carry my IEMs in my pocket, but the ear loops get bent, and they kept getting snagged and unplugged so I glued the connectors in. I should use the padded belt clip case I got with them, but that its bulkier than my phone. So I just usually wrap in a loop, then weave the last six inches or so through it so it doesn't untangle. I end up with a coiled cord when I unravel that only takes a few seconds to straighten out.

prowlerr

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2009
Does anyone know if there is a 2nd hand seller for BudCase? Cause i'd love to buy their product but black color is out of stock..:confused:

LILBITOHUNNEY95

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
Carry Your Eaphones.....

GOOGLE SEARCH CHORD WINDERS OR CORD TURTLES ARE WHAT I WAS REFFERING TO IN MY PREVIOUS POST. THER EARE SOME VERY CUTE SILICONE WINDERS THAT ARE ABOUT $2 :p

GetZwole

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
i carry them in the case my westones came in. Protected and rolled up nice and safe. I dont use mine for talking though i have bluetooth headset for that i only listen to music through them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.