Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Anyone have any requests for subforums?

Now's the time to be heard.

arn

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I think the general consensus on a "creative" forum has been well established. Web dev could be moved there, with sub-forums for photography, music creation, 3D, etc. as well.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Rower_CPU said:
I think the general consensus on a "creative" forum has been well established. Web dev could be moved there, with sub-forums for photography, music creation, 3D, etc. as well.

No doubt. I think there's been a big influx of creative interest (ie, photography threads), so u got my vote there. Maybe photo, web, design, etc.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
I would like to suggest Dist Comp sub forums for each MR team... If you are so inclined... (Like Folding and SETI... Do we have any other MR teams?)

trebblekicked

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2002
Chicago, IL, USA
Rower_CPU said:

i duly support this notion as well. lots of creative energy comes through these boards. it'd be nice to have a central place to show off yr stuff.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Application development, plus the creatives please.

(Though I suppose Application development is covered under the Web Design and Development area.)

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I don't really like the new subforums under "Community Discussion". It looks too cluttered. It was much cleaner before, and I think they all fall under the categorization of "Mac Community". I feel the same way about the new Panther subform and also the Garageband subforum. The forums index just looks cleaner without all the subforums.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
how bout like a moderated subforum with little tutorials on how to do miscellaneous things that people can check out before posting their questions?
I've been seeing a lot of threads that are the same, ie "how do you uninstall", "defrag?", "networking over (something)", etc. It would be nice if there was a thread that existed to answer one specific question, and updated for new OSs and stuff... For example, the Networking Mac and PC thing by edesignuk was great, we need more of those.

Oh and a new subforum under software discussion for software developers? :p

And random wacky idea: a singles subforum where singles can meet and stuff...all those online dating services seem cool, and it would be cool if MR had their own little one.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Stelliform said:
I would like to suggest Dist Comp sub forums for each MR team... If you are so inclined... (Like Folding and SETI... Do we have any other MR teams?)
why dont we start a distributed.net team? Money if we win, its a good computer related cause :p. I would much rather work on a dnet project than seti or folding.

trebblekicked

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2002
Chicago, IL, USA
übergeek said:
how bout like a moderated subforum with little tutorials on how to do miscellaneous things that people can check out before posting their questions?
I've been seeing a lot of threads that are the same, ie "how do you uninstall", "defrag?", "networking over (something)", etc. It would be nice if there was a thread that existed to answer one specific question, and updated for new OSs and stuff... For example, the Networking Mac and PC thing by edesignuk was great, we need more of those.

i like that. terminal how-to's would be nice. the thought of a MR singles forum kind of sends chills down my spine. not that that means its a bad idea.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
übergeek said:
why dont we start a distributed.net team? Money if we win, its a good computer related cause :p. I would much rather work on a dnet project than seti or folding.

I'm not sure what the distributed.net team is about? I do folding it helps the MacRumors Team and it helps Stanford with its medical research into DNA an diseases. Gives a feeling of helping out mankind, gives me a feeling of pride. :)

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
sub forums

Arn, I posted a request for a "Graphics Professionals" kinda think tank to bounce Tips and tricks for those that use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark, Acrobat, GoLive etc. Mudbug replied saying that there would be an upcoming forum called Creative... I guess that would cover what I had in mind, but I would caution as to mixing the "Commercial Printing" arena with "Web Development" thats kinda like talking PCs vs. MACs

Just a thought
Sparky :rolleyes:

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
übergeek said:

I think we should have teams in each distributed computing project. MacNN has a team for each... Why can't Mac Rumors?

Maybe Uber could organize the distributed.net team. I think we can have several teams, without damaging the scores of our #1 mac ranked folding team. :D (Since some people just don't want to fold, but they might like another project.)

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
back ot can we have reigonal sub forums for the market place cause its a pain to sift out all the ones from other countrys

probably just a canadian, uk, us and the rest of the world

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Arn if you're still looking at suggestions, I have been seeing a lot of threads and posts about "The Terminal" all over the forums. Being a nubee to the terminal myself I would like to see those threads gathered into one area, I so far have found an immense amount of help just browsing some of them.
Thanks

PS another pitch for a "Graphics Professional" or "Creative Arts" forum

Sparky

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.