Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 4, 2009, 06:42 PM   #1
Torley
macrumors member

Utility to right-click and move files into folders?

On the Windows side, I like to right-click and "Send To" except I'd usually prefer it *moves* selected files instead of copies.

Is there a Mac utility where I can right-click and move to configurable folders? It looks like the only "folder" by default is the Trash ("Move to Trash").

I know there's the left-hand collapsible pane with Places, but I don't want to clutter it up with too many folders that I could neatly tuck into a contextual menu.

Thanks in advance.
Torley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2009, 07:09 PM   #2
MHardee
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torley View Post
On the Windows side, I like to right-click and "Send To" except I'd usually prefer it *moves* selected files instead of copies.

Is there a Mac utility where I can right-click and move to configurable folders? It looks like the only "folder" by default is the Trash ("Move to Trash").

I know there's the left-hand collapsible pane with Places, but I don't want to clutter it up with too many folders that I could neatly tuck into a contextual menu.

Thanks in advance.
Command-Drag the file to new destination MOVEs it...
Option-Drag Copies it..
MHardee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2009, 02:12 PM   #3
Torley
macrumors member

Thanks, I know this but I'm looking for a way to move into specific, preset folders. Any ideas?
Torley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2009, 02:27 PM   #4
portent
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Thanks, I know this — but I'm looking for a way to move into specific, preset folders. Any ideas?
Put those specific folders into the Dock, and/or the Finder Sidebar. Then drag them there.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 03:25 PM   #5
blodwyn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Thanks, I know this but I'm looking for a way to move into specific, preset folders. Any ideas?
An automator action for each preset folder, saved as a plug-in for Finder, should solve this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	152257  
blodwyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store