Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jan 6, 2009, 07:56 PM   #1
krayziekray
macrumors 6502

Multiple Wallpapers

I've got a 2.2 jailbroken iPhone 3G, with winterboard installed. Now I know this may be a stupid question. And one may ask why I want to do this, but is there anyway to have two different wallpapers on the iPhone? One for the slide to unlock screen and one for the image behind the icons?

KrayzieKray
iPhone 3G 16GB (Black) - Stock OS ... What do you think???
krayziekray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:46 AM   #2
mohicanspap
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayziekray View Post
I've got a 2.2 jailbroken iPhone 3G, with winterboard installed. Now I know this may be a stupid question. And one may ask why I want to do this, but is there anyway to have two different wallpapers on the iPhone? One for the slide to unlock screen and one for the image behind the icons?

KrayzieKray
Yes. The wallpaper option in the iphone is for the lockscreen and when you download a theme not a lockscreen theme there will be a different background behind the icons. The home screen that holds the icons is called the springboard.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 06:20 AM   #3
krayziekray
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohicanspap View Post
Yes. The wallpaper option in the iphone is for the lockscreen and when you download a theme not a lockscreen theme there will be a different background behind the icons. The home screen that holds the icons is called the springboard.
lol ... okay, but what if I'm using the stock theme with my iphone? and want to have two different wallpapers. Surly there must be an easier and better way to change the springboard wallpaper then to ssh into the phone and do it that way.

Btw, thanks for your earlier post

KrayzieKray
iPhone 3G 16GB (Black) - Stock OS ... What do you think???
krayziekray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2009, 02:42 PM   #4
notintheleast
macrumors 6502

You have to have one of the two background images in a theme to have different ones. You could have a lock screen theme with one image, and then turn on user wallpaper in winterboard and you'll have two different wallpapers. Or, you can have a springboard theme with a background image and set a different one for the lock screen in settings. Thats it.
notintheleast is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:07 AM   #5
SebGrey
macrumors newbie

Tnx! I had the same problem!
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:00 AM   #6
s1w
macrumors member

Some clarity on lockscreen vs. wallpaper

I've got JBen iPhone using winterboard. I've got a theme running, (erasure). I have "user wallpaper" turned on in winterboard.

I then use one of my images in the camera roll and click the "set as wallpaper" button but it always changes the lock screen, never the springboard or background behind the icons.

What is happening here? I believe I'm supposed to be able to change not only the lockscreen but the "springboard" as well. With or without a theme I cannot change the springboard wallpaper, only the lockscreen.

Am I missing something.

I'm not interested in ssh'ing into the phone to change this though. That's way too much to make a simple change often.

Thanks
s1w is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:12 AM   #7
notintheleast
macrumors 6502

Move the "User Wallpaper theme above your other themes in the list on WB. And you should be able to just move the pics around in your themes folder using mobile finder directly on the phone.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:33 AM   #8
s1w
macrumors member

Finaly, The Real Salution!

Thank you "Notintheleast"

That worked and it was simple. I knew there was a reasonable solution to this issue. It could resolve half the threads on this topic if it was pointed out that the "user wallpaper" needs to be above the theme to take precedence.

It's just that simple...

Thanks again..
s1w is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:14 AM   #9
notintheleast
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1w View Post
Thank you "Notintheleast"
No problem. We're all here to help each other...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks