Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you buy from a lossless iTMS?

• Yes, even if prices go up

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, If prices go up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only if prices stay the same

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, lossless files are to big

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Now I don't mean to complain, but do you think Apple will ever introduce a Lossless iTMS? Progress was made yesterday, but I personally would like more. Do you think it will happen?

Don

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Yes, I would buy from a lossless store even if prices went up. Not if prices skyrocketed, but maybe a $1.50 per song. They would also probably not be allowed to sell an entire album because that's what CD's are for. But to just get one Lossless song from an album, yeah, I'd spend a buck fifty instead of 15 bucks.

Biggest reason I've never bought a single song from the iTunes store is quality. Flame away.:rolleyes:

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I don't see lossless being sold on iTunes because of the size and demand for it. Yes, some of you love it, but I'll take the slight audio degrading of compressed AAC over the storage-hogging lossless format.

I do forsee some sort of iTunes HD music coming in the future. This could be encoded in Dolby 5.1 and/or DTS but yet still compressed like the audio on DVDs. If you have ever heard a DTS audio disc, you know how awesome that could sound. But I rarely see DTS audio discs anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.