Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Hi,

Well i asked my mom to bring me a mouse from her work place cause sometimes its nice to have a mouse plugged into the macbook, anyways my question is is there some sort of program that can adjust the mouse scrolling speed specifically when the mouse is attached and not of the trackpad?

This isnt a fancy logitetch laser mouse that fires rockets out of it. Its just a plain IBM mouse and im wondering if there is some sort of program that when the mouse is plugged in the macbooks takes on other settings for that device?

Thanks,

dnguyen

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
there's an app that i use called "USB overdrive" and you can adjust your USB mouse speed, and other controls of the mouse.

The settings in system pref will adjust your trackpad speed as well as your mouse.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
System Preferences, Mouse, Tracking Speed.

figured this out already but dont necessarily want to keep chaning back and forth the settings when the mouse is plugged in or when using the trackpad, as the trackpad settings are perfect.

thanks a lot for the other info guys

cutcopypaste

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2008
there's an app called controllermate that is really great.. it has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it you can even fine tune the acceleration curve of the mouse to make it respond exactly how you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.