Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
my dad was a cop, and he reminisced about the purse snatchers who would try to elude cops on foot at night....in LA Gear Lights. They never realized how the cops could find them...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is a pretty good one, imagine that he shot himself in the foot. I just wonder how he was able to even get home. He is very lucky that he didn't hit an artery. Otherwise he would have bled to death on the way. Such stupidity.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
wdlove said:
That is a pretty good one, imagine that he shot himself in the foot. I just wonder how he was able to even get home. He is very lucky that he didn't hit an artery. Otherwise he would have bled to death on the way. Such stupidity.

You can bleed to death by hitting an artery in the foot?

:confused:

Anyway its sad he didn't atleast steal the TV, I mean you go there shoot yourself in the foot but you GOTTA steal the TV before the police bust you...

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Heh. I remember one where a crook passed a holdup note to a bank teller, but took off running when she hit the alarm. A cop ran the guy down on foot, then handcuffed him to a fence, telling the crook, "I'm going to get someone for an identification." The cop went into the bank and a few minutes later came out with the teller. The crook pointed and said, "Yeah, that's her."

Bright guy. :p

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
MrMacman said:

If a bulletwound can't be closed and packed, so it can clot, you can bleed to death from almost anyplace. Shot in the chest or thigh, even with compression, someone can bleed out in a matter of seconds, and someone shot in the arm or foot could be good for quite a while. Depends on how many bloodvessels it severed.

Chances are pretty solid that even tho he didn't die from bloodloss, he would have taken a nasty infection that would still have required fairly immidiate medical attention, so i don't know what he thought he had to gain by going home. At that point, they're going to catch you, just let them-- you'll get treatment faster :rolleyes:

That's assuming he really couldn't see his blood trail, otherwise he's just a complete idiot :D

paul

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
MrMacman said:

:confused:

Anyway its sad he didn't at least steal the TV, I mean you go there shoot yourself in the foot but you GOTTA steal the TV before the police bust you...

Yes, it would just take longer, a slow death.

But as paulwhannel mentioned he needs immediate treatment. He could have a serious infection or loose the foot at the very least. Seeking medical attention would have been the prudent course of action.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.