Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 8, 2009, 05:33 PM   #1
mark88
macrumors 6502a

iPod shuffle won't appear in iTunes unless I erase it

My shuffle is synced with my iMac, however.....I have some songs on another mac I wish to transfer onto it.

I insert the shuffle into the said mac and a message pops up telling me my shuffle is synced with another library and I must erase it or click cancel. Obviously I don't want to erase, I just want to manually manage my songs. The problem is when I click cancel the shuffle just doesn't appear in the itunes sidebar at all?

I've disabled auto sync in prefs so can't think, should be straight forward right?

Upon clicking cancel, it also disappears from the Finder sidebar
mark88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 05:46 PM   #2
BananaMilkshake
macrumors newbie

If there's one thing I don't like about iPods, it would be the fact that you can only use one computer. ...And the frequent freezing when you're connected to a computer. And doesn't come with a wall charger. And the accessories are overpriced. But still...

I have a 4G nano and a horrible connection, so I use my big sister (Big Brothers Big Sisters Program, not biological because I'm an only child)'s Mac laptop instead. I hate the fact that I can't get the songs I have onto my iPod that my big sister doesn't have. But there IS a way, my friend... Get a flash drive! I know, I'm a genius.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod