Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gacxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
All of the sudden I noticed that my keyboard in texting or mail will not work! Applications and music still do though. Could something I used from cydia have messed this up? Has anyone else encountered this before?:(

I also cannot hear unlocks either!!And I also believe the sond it makes when i get mail. I'm guessing something funked up in the system sounds area!!!! Yep thats definately it. The MG system sounds from cydia WONT work. let me try tu uninstall them...

gacxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
and i just noticed it doesnt vibrate either when i switch it to vibrate!!!!!!

I really Don't know what to do. is there anyway i can fix it without restoring?

Is it normal to have a picture of Steve Jobs pop up with something in another language next to him? Does Cydia or some other app do that? It was a cartoon btw. I'm wondering if it was a virus or something!!!!!!!

Edit: Nevermined found out that cartoon was normal

Edit 2: That's SAD. 40 people viewed and only one person helped. Thanks a lot guys. Nevermind, I restored already since i wasnt getting helped anyways. no worries. It cant be too bad having a phone that isnt slow for a few days lol!:cool:

BOARD CLOSED

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
That's SAD. 40 people viewed and only one person helped. Thanks a lot guys. Nevermind, I restored already since i wasnt getting helped anyways. no worries. It cant be too bad having a phone that isnt slow for a few days lol!:cool:

BOARD CLOSED

Well the problem was:
You kept replying to yourself. Super annoying.
No one knew the answer. 40 people came here, read the thread, tried to think of a way to help and couldn't.

gacxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Board OPEN

Well, I was adding new information to tr to help with the subject! Whats wront with that? would you rather have me edit my first post 4 times? If so, then ok. But giving you information in new posts isn't a bad thing in my mind. So please, don't call me annoying and i will not call anyone SAD. And if you had noticed i was trying to have a light tone in the last post. Thats what no worries means. So excuse me, I'm sorry, how can I be less annoying to YOU? It's good to have feedback!

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Well, I was adding new information to tr to help with the subject! Whats wront with that? would you rather have me edit my first post 4 times? If so, then ok. But giving you information in new posts isn't a bad thing in my mind. So please, don't call me annoying and i will not call anyone SAD. And if you had noticed i was trying to have a light tone in the last post. Thats what no worries means. So excuse me, I'm sorry, how can I be less annoying to YOU? It's good to have feedback!

It's just against forum rules :rolleyes:

gacxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Please Direct me to that clause so i may read the rule.

Spam and overposting. Not just being a prolific poster, but posting the same exact post in many different threads, posting multiple pointless posts in the same thread, making numerous post with no real content, or posting for the purpose of gaining a higher post count. This will get you banned.

The posts were completely different, and were additional things i discoveres so no..Correct?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
You should have been editing your previous posts. Not adding new ones

Forum Rules

Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump.

The Forum Rules are a good read. You should brush up on them sometime.

gacxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
What I am asking is exactly where that is! I read the rules already sir, and saw nothing about this. Each post had content, and was not spamming or a way to get more people to come here. With that being said, I'm just asking for you to possibly copy and paste that section in the rules. Please

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
What I am asking is exactly where that is! I read the rules already sir, and saw nothing about this. Each post had content, and was not spamming or a way to get more people to come here. With that being said, I'm just asking for you to possibly copy and paste that section in the rules. Please

Why not search for the word "bump" in the page that I just linked to!?!?!?

gacxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
# Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump.

How do they add no content to the thread? They were valid points, and as i said in the previous post were not done to bump me to the top. I literally wrote those as i figured that information out sir. Are these statements valid to you, or am i incorrect?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Hey, I don't make the rules. I just follow them. All I know is that you're not allowed to post right after your last post and when you do the mods either delete your post or merge it with your last one. Repeat offenders get das boot

gacxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Frankly I think you have a misconception of the rules. The point of bumping is to get your thread to the top. This was not my intention. Secondly, it was not useless drivel being said, it was "breaking news" if you will; It's not like I waited to tell everyone these facts. Also, they were all different. My second post was about the lock and mail sounds, which led to the conclusion that something must have been wrong with the whole sound system, not just the keyboard. The next post is me noticing that it does not vibrate; this is not the same as the previous post because it has nothing to do with sound. The next post was me asking if there was a way to fix this problem without restoring. And finally, the one after that is me restoring, and finding out a cartoon Steve Jobs with foreign writing pops out, making me think that this is a virus. So honestly sir, can you tell me those posts were bumps? I think not. And I'm positive that someone could back me up in that I haven't broken any rules.:)

gacxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS SECTION. I promise if you can prove that i broke I rule, I promise I will say my apologies and close the board. And if you cant, well I'm just going to close the board since my question is now useless since I already restored my phone. :D

BOARD CLOSED

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS SECTION. I promise if you can prove that i broke I rule, I promise I will say my apologies and close the board. And if you cant, well I'm just going to close the board since my question is now useless since I already restored my phone. :D

Why don't you just ask a moderator and report this thread while you're at it so it gets dropped into the wasteland?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Just my 0.02

I think gacxx is right in that he didnt break the rules as he added new content to the thread with each post.

Well he should have been editing his first post. Even if he was adding new information the only intention he had with creating new posts instead of editing the first post would be to bump the thread.

jake921660

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
Australia
Well he should have been editing his first post. Even if he was adding new information the only intention he had with creating new posts instead of editing the first post would be to bump the thread.

I was just commenting on my interpretation of the rules. It seems that you have wasted far more time replying to me and him/her than it would take to skip over this thread when it is 'bumped' to the top of the new threads list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.