Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheepopo39

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
I recently bought my mother a macbook and I recently opened up iTunes for her so I could set it up for her and I noticed that I can't resize the window at all and the window is too small for her. I tried clicking the green button but that makes it into a small audio player. So what I am wondering is if anyone has any suggestion on how to resize the iTunes windows

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2008
Canada
In the bottom right hand corner, there is a little triangle looking shape. Click and hold, and just drag that to resize the window. Hope you understand:D

When I first got my mac, I was trying to resize the window with the "+" on the top left, and it wouldn't make it bigger! :rolleyes:

smockonallama

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Option+Click

If you hold down the option key and click on the green plus (optimize) button it will resize iTunes properly. Also useful if the bottom right resize arrow is off of the screen.

OwlBoy

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2003
If you hold down the option key and click on the green plus (optimize) button it will resize iTunes properly. Also useful if the bottom right resize arrow is off of the screen.

WOOT, Thank you, I have needed to do this for the last hour, and finally did a google search to find your answer! woots.

-Bryan

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
this thread is a little old but i recently sold my external screen and couldn't resize itunes. thanks.

smockonallama

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Wow

I am so glad that so many people are finding this thread. I guess it really is all about the little things in life. Thanks for the kinds words everyone. Cheers!! :apple::D

Nekhrun

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2010
I'll add my name to the Thanks. This is my first time on a Mac in 20 years and this thread saved me some frustration that was developing.

sonneta

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2007
It's the small things

Ah, the Option key. Something so simple - after years of working on a Mac and I couldn't figure out how to resize the window when I hooked my Mac up to my TV. Thank you!!!

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
Ah, the Option key. Something so simple - after years of working on a Mac and I couldn't figure out how to resize the window when I hooked my Mac up to my TV. Thank you!!!

You're not the only one, it's been a revelation :eek:

Thanks smockonallama, even if it has taken 3 years to get it...from me at least!

section31

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
Haha, thanks to smockonallama and Google.

Unplugged my mbp from my cinema display and couldn't figure out how to resize itunes. Strange that OSX seemed to automatically resize it for me but in this situation it did not.

Thanks!

jwharnisch

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
New Mexico
Thx!

Been using this forum for a while, and what a good community! Just signed up so I can say my first Big THANK YOU for this particular iTunes response. Big huge help, as always.:)

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
I'm going to join the necroposters and add ... for the switchers, the little green circle with the + in it is NOT a maximize button ....

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada

Here we are, a few years later. I've been stuck with this issue for the past month. I just wanted to show all my gratitude for the few lines you took the time to scribble here. You, sir, are my new hero <3

edit: wow, I see I wasn't alone lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.