Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SICKHEART

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
I'm really new for Garageband on Mac

I import file to the Garageband - ( orange line)
I want to adjust it to higher key but cannot adjust the pitch
(the pitch turn grey and I can't adjust nothing)

How can I adjust the pitch for make it higher key

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpeg
    Picture 4.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,352

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Thus, you cant shift the tempo of orange audio regions, nor can you transpose them. At least not without a little trickery. If you know your songs tempo and key match those of the orange region (or if you dont care -- maybe you just want to slow down a solo to figure it out), heres the secret: select the orange region, press Control-Option-G, and then click elsewhere in the timeline.
GarageBand stamps the region with your project's key and tempo settings and turns the orange region into a purple one. Now you can transpose it and stretch its tempo.
http://www.macilife.com/archives/2005_03_01_archive.html

jornywar

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
Thanks!

THANKS
Ctrl + option + G helps me ^ ^

Helps me too, even on garageband '11.
I don't know how I would have figured this out without the post.
Thanks for this post; I really appreciate it.

Actually... I tried it and realized I can't actually shift the pitch. When I check "follow tempo & pitch," the slider lights up, but when I try to move it, it automatically resets to zero.

Last edited:

thebassman78

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Helps me too, even on garageband '11.
I don't know how I would have figured this out without the post.
Thanks for this post; I really appreciate it.

Actually... I tried it and realized I can't actually shift the pitch. When I check "follow tempo & pitch," the slider lights up, but when I try to move it, it automatically resets to zero.

I came across the same issue today and found out that since GarageBand '11 this won't work anymore. So the AUPitch is the next best solution. Here's a description on how to change pitch in Garageband '11.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.