Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apersianboyCOM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
I just ordered my first ever mac :D
I got the new 17" MBP with 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HDD, British keyboard + Apple care!

On my order confirmation email from apple it says:

We estimate your order to be shipped 09 Feb, 2009.
We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address
on or before 18 Feb, 2009.

18th? so it's going to take 9 days to deliver it? that's ridiculous! I'm hoping it will be here before then! I'm far too impatient as it is! lol

Just wanted to check if anybody else had the same delivery time frame as me?

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Risky taking the first model. I'm going to wait to see what happens with you before I order mine. Guinea Pig :p

apersianboyCOM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
Risky taking the first model. I'm going to wait to see what happens with you before I order mine. Guinea Pig :p
That's why I got apple care; incase anything goes wrong with it! I had already waited a month because I was going to get the 15" MBP but changed my mind when I saw the new unibody design on the 17"!

It's probably coming from China.
That's still a lame excuse for 9 days delivery time! They could've done it as international next day delivery!

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
I've always found Apple's delivery pretty speedy, it's probably because its brand new, demand is high etc.

trekster

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
Downey,CA
I'm also in the waiting game. I'm also jumping on the 17 inch. I'm also going to get apple care. If something is wrong with it. It's apples problem.

lscangus

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2003
Newcastle, UK
I just ordered my first ever mac :D
I got the new 17" MBP with 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HDD, British keyboard + Apple care!

On my order confirmation email from apple it says:

We estimate your order to be shipped 09 Feb, 2009.
We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address
on or before 18 Feb, 2009.

18th? so it's going to take 9 days to deliver it? that's ridiculous! I'm hoping it will be here before then! I'm far too impatient as it is! lol

Just wanted to check if anybody else had the same delivery time frame as me?

When did you order yours, i ordered mine last Friday with US keyboard delivery date is 28th of feb....

trekster

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
Downey,CA
I ordered mine just now and it:
Ships: Feb 10
Delivers: Feb 13
17 inch, 2.93 ghz, 320gb@7200 RPM, 4gb ram US keyboard.

I'm located in Los Angeles.

infernohellion

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2006
København
Ordered mine right after the Apple Store was back online.

17" - 2.93GHz - 320GB 7200rpm - Thai Keyboard, ships to Thailand

Shipping Date: 18 FEB 2009
Delivery Date: 27 FEB 2009

So it's also 9 days for me.

Seems like Americans will get it first.. LMAO

About AppleCare, I think I'm getting through eBay as always since it's so much cheaper!

BG-Mac

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Does anyone have any idea when these will start showing up in the Apple Stores? Do new products typically show up in store before they ship online? I'm about to pull the trigger on a MBP and would like to compare before going with the 15".

infernohellion

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2006
København
Does anyone have any idea when these will start showing up in the Apple Stores? Do new products typically show up in store before they ship online? I'm about to pull the trigger on a MBP and would like to compare before going with the 15".

I think they will have it showing in store by the end of the January but selling them should be a week later. I really think that right now they are manufacturing the regular models (non-CTO ones) for all their stores.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
That's still a lame excuse for 9 days delivery time! They could've done it as international next day delivery!

I ordered mine just now and it:
Ships: Feb 10
Delivers: Feb 13
17 inch, 2.93 ghz, 320gb@7200 RPM, 4gb ram US keyboard.

I'm located in Los Angeles.

Ordered mine right after the Apple Store was back online.

17" - 2.93GHz - 320GB 7200rpm - Thai Keyboard, ships to Thailand

Shipping Date: 18 FEB 2009
Delivery Date: 27 FEB 2009

So it's also 9 days for me.

Seems like Americans will get it first.. LMAO

About AppleCare, I think I'm getting through eBay as always since it's so much cheaper!

it seems like they are being shipped from California itself? 3 days to get to LA, 9 for UK, and 9 for Thailand. maybe their not being made+shipped from China?

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
17" 2.93GHz 4GB RAM 7200RPM HDD + MS Office 08 + AppleCare

Ships February 4th
Delivers on February 9th

Only 5 days for me :]

I ordered on the day they were announced.

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
I'm not sure if I should order it or just try my luck at purchasing from an Apple Store. I wonder how many each store will get, can I ask them to hold one for me? :)

apersianboyCOM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
When did you order yours, i ordered mine last Friday with US keyboard delivery date is 28th of feb....
I ordered mine yesterday!

I think they will have it showing in store by the end of the January but selling them should be a week later. I really think that right now they are manufacturing the regular models (non-CTO ones) for all their stores.
Ditto, that's exactly what they told me when I called my local Apple store.

splashnader

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Via Satellite
What about overnight shipping.

Can't you upgrade to overnight shipping. I thought you could if you ordered from the ADC store. I could be wrong, but I remember somebody telling me that apple was allowing people to upgrade, even after the fact, to 1 or 2 day advance shipping over the phone when the new 15" MBP came out.

apersianboyCOM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
Can't you upgrade to overnight shipping. I thought you could if you ordered from the ADC store. I could be wrong, but I remember somebody telling me that apple was allowing people to upgrade, even after the fact, to 1 or 2 day advance shipping over the phone when the new 15" MBP came out.

I might try calling them up, thanks. I didn't order from the ADC store!
Do you know how much the extra cost would be?

Minimoose_360 said:
17" 2.93GHz 4GB RAM 7200RPM HDD + MS Office 08 + AppleCare

Ships February 4th
Delivers on February 9th

Only 5 days for me :]

I ordered on the day they were announced.

Your so lucky, I wish I was getting mine February 9th... thats the day after my birthday! would've been perfect!

trekster

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
Downey,CA
I'm not sure if I should order it or just try my luck at purchasing from an Apple Store. I wonder how many each store will get, can I ask them to hold one for me? :)
Do people have 3k to spend on a laptop even during the economy?
I could understand a iphone. But a high end laptop? I never bought a apple computer on it's release date.

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
I could understand a iphone. But a high end laptop? I never bought a apple computer on it's release date.

..I don't know about everyone but I do. :) I've never purchased anything on it's release date either...

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea

Nothings really that wrong with the economy its mostly media hype.
Some people save their money rather than blow it on frivolous things during the good times.
The 17" is going to make more way way way way way more than $3000.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Its not the first model its actually the Rev B after the 15 inches.

I know what your saying, that one unibody is the same as another and all they have done is made the 15" larger. HOWEVER. The 15" still has a lot of quality control issues of its own (Screws falling out, Flickering Screens, Poor 9600GT Performance and those are just a couple things). And also when I got my Core Duo 17" it had problems out the gate aswell and it shipped many months after the 15" began shipping. The problem there was buzzing keyboard, light indicators on the keyboards numlock that would show on even if it was off and the heatsink thermal paste issue still remained by the time the 17" were shipping even though that problem was known about on the 15" from day 1.

So although I understand what your saying I respectfully disagree. And so I'll be waiting for the first round of units to go out and cross my fingers that they are fine so that I can buy with confidence. After-all these machines are a lot of money and I don't want to be sending it back in for servicing straight after I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.