Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I finally got the e-mail that some of the Xskn 3's were off of back-order and available for purchase. I just got an indigo one and a matching indigo iBook keyboard cover. I like them both a lot! The Xskn 3 works pretty well in letting you use the dials through the silicone, although the hold button is a little hard to use.

Also, I was hoping from the pictures online that the indigo was a little bit more on the cobalt / purple side, but I do like this too. Also it matches my desktop background. :)

Attachments

• Image(57).jpg
    Image(57).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 225

fBaran

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2003
I have the Exo by Lajo. It's great in everyway for me, but too bad they never responded to any of my emails regarding a backorder on a pearl back skin.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hey nice! :D

is that sort of like the iSkin... or there was some other keyboard cover as well.

can someone post a link to the official site for Xskn. i just searched and couldn't find much.

thank you. :)

tekno_geek911

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Is it hard to remove the case from the iPod? I just sold my DLO Jam Jacket because it was hard taking it on/off to put the iPod on the dock and Apple recommends not charging it in a case.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
SpaceMagic said:
hey, are we talking about the the iPod or the ibook keyboard? because that keyboard is nice.. how is it purple?

What I got is all from http://www.lajo.biz. Lajo has iPod skins for each of the generations of the original iPod in many different colors. I believe there is some mild controversy because another company sells a similar product with a similar name and claims some kind of infringement, but if you look at the offerings of the two companies, you can tell who loves maccies more. :) The new 3G covers are about $10 each. Some of his previous designs are thicker and more expensive. I think the most expensive one is $40, but it has flame patterns on the outside that are supposedly unique to each individual unit. :D

He also has keyboard covers (iSkin), which is what I had on my keyboard in the picture. This was about $17.

As for the Xskn3 and taking it on/off, it is a serious pain. It does not have the "doggy door" kind of bottom that you can flip out of the way. It's very thin (adds about 1.5 mm to the thickness of the iPod), but I'm not sure it's thin enough to fit into a dock. You would probably have to stretch it out of the way. FWIW, I don't have a dock, and it works fine with the cable attachments. :(

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
lajo.biz has got to be one of the worst web sites I've ever visited.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
doggy door and business

Lajo is based out of HK, so they take a while to do everything (like get back to me :) ). I waited about 2 weeks after ordering to get mine. It was irritating b/c they advertise DHL but shipped HK post. But no big deal.

Anyway, about the doggy door, what I ended up doing was using putting cardboard in the skin, and using an exacto to slice about 1/3" from the bottom. I cut the entire back and slightly around the sides. Just before getting to the front, I used a hole puncher to punch out a hole on each end. It keeps the silicone from tearing completely. I modeled it off of some of the skins that do have the door on the bottom. OK, I need to admit one thing - my roommate did the work as I have no artisitc skill and would have destroed the skin. But, it works like a charm, except that sometimes the silicone gets funky and the iPod won't register my touch and sometimes it's oversensitive. But, usually it works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.