Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:35 AM   #1
212rikanmofo
macrumors 6502a

what do you use to clean your new unibody mbp?

I have a 5 yr old powerbook g4. The part where i rest my wrist on is pitting, looks like its chipping in a way, these areas are like little black spots. Do you guys know if the new aluminum on the unibody mbp are made the same way? I hope not. I like to clean down the aluminum body on my mbp, but wonder whats the best way to clean it? I don't want to take risk in damaging it down the line by using anything harsh. I hope the sweat from our skin won't eventually cause PITTING like the old aluminum powerbooks/mbp. That's all I am worried about.
212rikanmofo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:45 AM   #2
jjahshik32
macrumors 603

I just use the black cloth that came with the macbook pro to clean the screen.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 02:02 AM   #3
Alucardx03
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 212rikanmofo View Post
I have a 5 yr old powerbook g4. The part where i rest my wrist on is pitting, looks like its chipping in a way, these areas are like little black spots. Do you guys know if the new aluminum on the unibody mbp are made the same way? I hope not. I like to clean down the aluminum body on my mbp, but wonder whats the best way to clean it? I don't want to take risk in damaging it down the line by using anything harsh. I hope the sweat from our skin won't eventually cause PITTING like the old aluminum powerbooks/mbp. That's all I am worried about.
If you're that worried about it, I would recommend getting some kind of palm rest protection for your computer. I have an invisible shield and love it, but there are many alternatives.

Macs hold their value really well, and the less damage to the notebook (pitting, for example), the more money you can get when you're done with it. Also, you can use your computer without that constant worry in the back of your mind. It's a good investment for $55.

Last edited by Alucardx03; Jan 13, 2009 at 02:11 AM.
Alucardx03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 02:19 AM   #4
infernohellion
macrumors 6502

Recommend Moshi Palmguard...

http://www.aevoe.com/shop/moshi.asp?showthis=88

It's very awesome and doesn't leave greese when you palms are sweaty
Old Jan 13, 2009, 04:25 PM   #5
MacFever
macrumors regular

Invisible Shield makes some clear stickers that are barely noticable to go on the palm rests...

that works for me...

no need to worry about your Watch scratching it up also.
MacFever is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro