Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 13, 2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Stiney
macrumors member

Europe Sim Card For iPhone

I am traveling to Europe a couple times this year and I am looking for a good sim for my 3G. I would like to have the same number over the course of my trips and have been doing some research. I was wondering what everyone thought of these companies. Also, let me know if your favorite isn't on the list.

Thanks,

Call in Europe

Roam Simple
Stiney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:11 PM   #2
TheBigLebowski
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiney View Post
I am traveling to Europe a couple times this year and I am looking for a good sim for my 3G. I would like to have the same number over the course of my trips and have been doing some research. I was wondering what everyone thought of these companies. Also, let me know if your favorite isn't on the list.

Thanks,

Call in Europe

Roam Simple
It would help to know where you're from. If you're using an American iPhone 3G (AT&T), you won't be putting a European SIM into the phone unless you've had the phone unlocked. American iPhones are locked to AT&T, and neither company is going to give you the unlock code.
TheBigLebowski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Stiney
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
It would help to know where you're from. If you're using an American iPhone 3G (AT&T), you won't be putting a European SIM into the phone unless you've had the phone unlocked. American iPhones are locked to AT&T, and neither company is going to give you the unlock code.
Sorry I didn't supply enough info. I am in the US and have unlocked my iPhone 3G with Yellowsn0w (thanks Dev-Team). So at this point I am just looking for what people preferred to use. I like the two companies above because it is a post pay system. But, I am not really tied to the post pay system if others have had good experiences with different companies. I just thought the post pay would be a little easier. The only thing I am really looking for is to have the same number over the course of this year. Which will make me look at a services like these instead of buying SIMs in the different countries.

Thanks,
Stiney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 03:47 PM   #4
Olgeezer
macrumors newbie

3GS iPhone in Europe

I must be more of a travel rookie with SIM cards, etc. Assuming I have an unlocked 3GS iphone, can I just buy a SIM card in the airport when I get to Norway or whatever?
Olgeezer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2013, 07:15 PM   #5
abbie77
macrumors newbie

I'd suggest to get one of these international roaming sim card. I used Travelsim without any troubles when I was traveling around Europe last summer.
abbie77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting